What's new

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (4 Viewers)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,
Do my eyes deceive me? You will beg forgiveness because the cause was not more than sufficient. And we may even speak further of it.

I wrote: "One answer is remaining, and it is from season one."

And you responded with:

"I don't recall if Lee already named this: The Gamesters of Triskelion?"

That could very well make up for the catch I credited to you with regard to Obsession. ;)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Darn clever these Earthmen!

Okay, I'm going to toss out a few episode names and see if anything works!

I thought Arena might be one, but I think its actually the Gamesters example with McCoy's comment when they see the events on the view screen I was thinking of.

Galileo Seven?
Where No Man has Gone Before?

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,No, it is not any of the episodes you've mentioned above (Arena, Galileo Seven, Where No Man Has Gone Before, or Balance of Terror).

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
FanCollector said:
What Are Little Girls Made Of?
Lee,The final answer was stated to be from season one, and you nailed it! You win this round, 11-4.

Here is the context, submitted for your approval:The Corbomite Maneuver ("May heaven have helped your mother").Mudd's Women ("Oh, you beautiful galaxy! Oh, that heavenly universe!").The Man Trap ("Are you saving the last of its kind ... or has this become Crater's private heaven here?").What Are Little Girls Made Of? ("I'm offering you a practical heaven, a new paradise, and all I need is your help").The Squire Of Gothos ("In the name of heaven, where are we?").The Alternative Factor ("Thank the heavens. There's still time").Space Seed ("It is better to rule in hell than serve in heaven").Bread and Circuses ("The stars. Lights shining through from heaven").The Gamesters Of Triskelion ("What in the name of heaven is this? Heaven's got very little to do with this").Obsession ("Captain ... thank heaven. Mr. Scott, there was no deity involved"). (Special thanks to Nelson on this one!)Return To Tomorrow ("These others, they were stored differently than you, but it was your task to remain in the receptacle out there ... and search the heavens with my mind, probing, waiting, probing").The Omega Glory ("Were you cast out? You're confusing the stars with heaven. He was cast out!").Spectre Of the Gun ("Why don't we just turn that dance into a wedding ball? It would be so heavenly").The Tholian Web ("Only heaven knows where it sent the Defiant").Requiem For Methuselah ("If only I could forget. Jim. Oh, thank heaven, sleeping at last. Your report, Doctor").

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Great question Scott, great job Lee! I kept thinking it seemed fairly consistent that mostly McCoy said heaven as part of a phrase or Scotty would say it too in some form. I am surprised I forgot Kirk said it as part of his paraphrase of Milton!And for some reason, the Return to Tomorrow line slipped past me and I had a feeling it was said there.It's amazing now that I read the lines, it was so obvious where heaven was said, but not all of them were recalled!

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Terrific question because there were no tricks, no gimmicks. We just had to remember what they said! Also interesting which episodes used it multiple times (e.g. Requiem for Methuselah, The Alternative Factor). I suppose sometimes it just got into a writer's head.I'll work on a new question.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Home Sweet Home...A two-part question about Earth in Star Trek.A) What are the only two episodes in which we see a three-dimensional representation of Earth in the future (post-1970)? No movies or spin-offs allowed here.B) What is the only occasion on which our sun is referred to by any other name?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I'll chime in with one answer for question A. This must be The Menagerie where we see Mojave as part of the Thalosian illusion. Since The Cage was never aired till the late 80's, that wouldn't count.

Question B I think I know. But I'll ponder to be sure.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
No, you got both of them for A. I included The Cage so that it wouldn't fool people unnecessarily. The picnic illusion is the only non-20th century look at Earth we ever get.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Lee, that's a surprise you count The Cage as the second example! I did not think there was another instance we see a post 1970's Earth.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I couldn't remember if the portal showed any scenes post 1970 in City on the Edge of Forever or not, certainly the past. Would that count as three dimensional? Perhaps not. (??)

Regarding part B - just a guess but The Changeling during the dialog with Nomad?

- Walter.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
The Changeling is correct! Kirk refers to "the star we know as 'Sol'" when he shows Nomad the chart. Well done.I don't think the Guardian gets past 1930 because McCoy jumps through and stops it the first time and then Kirk and Spock jump through and stop it the second. (Which certainly made it easier to find the appropriate stock footage!)It's a Walter/Nelson tie.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Walter,

If you have a trivia question you'd like to submit, you are entitled for winning the round. If not, I'll think of one later tonight.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Go ahead Nelson, I'm just doing my usual drive-by of the thread. I like to drop in now and again when I think I might have a shot at an answer. (Sorry it took awhile to get back to the thread.)

- Walter.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Okay, here's a new question:Name all the appearances of Zephram Cochrane in historically chronological order according to the Star Trek Prime Universe time line.Name the episodes and film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks