What's new

Scorpion Releasing (new company that offers rare/obscure/campy flicks) (1 Viewer)

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Picked up an early copy of Point of Terror. I'm doing a lot of blind-buying lately, mostly doing my part to support the small labels so they can continue to give us the cult stuff. I thought the film was some kind of horror flick but it looks to be more of a psychological thriller, or a drama maybe, involving some dude's singing career and what he's willing to do to make it big. These movies really are products of their time - what silly outfits! Looking forward to Girls On the Road, even though, based on reviews, it's not really a road movie.

walter o

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by WaveCrest
Girls on the Road and Point of Terror are out next week.

Are Fools and Who? available to pre-order on Amazon.com yet?
FOOLS is, just type Fools Jason Robard, and its there.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The front cover artwork for Fools is now up on Amazon.com. Scorpion Releasing have updated their website showing a page for Fools. At the moment though there is no information other than the film's synopsis. There's not even anything about the master Scorpion Releasing are using for this release. I was hoping there might be interviews with Katherine Ross and David Hylands.

On the Girls on the Road DVD there were trailers for I Don't Want to be Born and Nothing But the Night. Any word on a release date for these two films?

And there's still no pre-order page on Amazon.com for the Elliot Gould film Who?, despite there already being a page on Scorpion Releasing's website for the film (and a list of DVD extras).

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
NOTHING BUT THE NIGHT is tentaviely set for next Spring, either March or April. Still waiting for a reply from them concerning the release date of THE DEVIL WITHIN HER.

UPDATE: Just heard back from Scorpion, and they said, since both flicks are directed by the same director, they will be putting it out the same time NOTHING BUT THE NIGHT is scheduled to come out. So, next Spring on both titles.

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
Originally Posted by WadeM
Nothing But the Night has Cushing in it, right?
Cushing AND Lee! Michael Gambon and Diana Dors are also in the film. And it was directed by Peter Sasdy, one of the best of the late Hammer directors, who also made:

THE STONE TAPE
HANDS OF THE RIPPER
TASTE THE BLOOD OF DRACULA
COUNTESS DRACULA

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
THE STONE TAPE. Wish that one would get a region 1 release. Have always wanted to see it.

WadeM

Supporting Actor
Sold!

Originally Posted by bgart13
Cushing AND Lee! Michael Gambon and Diana Dors are also in the film. And it was directed by Peter Sasdy, one of the best of the late Hammer directors, who also made:

THE STONE TAPE
HANDS OF THE RIPPER
TASTE THE BLOOD OF DRACULA
COUNTESS DRACULA

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
But THE DEVIL WITHIN HER and NOTHING BUT THE NIGHT are far, far from Sasdy's best work--it's hard to get too, uh, "exorcised" over a movie with Joan Collins and an evil dwarf, but NIGHT is dispiriting for Cushing/Lee fans. Still thery're the kinds of films that need a patron.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by SWFF
NOTHING BUT THE NIGHT is tentaviely set for next Spring, either March or April. Still waiting for a reply from them concerning the release date of THE DEVIL WITHIN HER.

UPDATE: Just heard back from Scorpion, and they said, since both flicks are directed by the same director, they will be putting it out the same time NOTHING BUT THE NIGHT is scheduled to come out. So, next Spring on both titles.
You've had better luck than me with contacting Scorpion Releasing.

Aside from those two Peter Sasdy films, are any new titles for next year any of the ones in the Coming Soon section on their website?

J-Quest

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason Varney

walter o

Supporting Actor
WaveCrest said:
You've had better luck than me with contacting Scorpion Releasing.

Aside from those two Peter Sasdy films, are any new titles for next year any of the ones in the Coming Soon section on their website?
On 2/22, they have scheduled QUEST FOR LOVE with Joan Collins, a documentary called BLACK RODEO, and Karen Arthur's acclaimed film LEGACY.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks