What's new

Scariest, Spookiest, will have nightmares for a week DVD!!! (1 Viewer)

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
COMMUNION. I dare ya to watch that in bed alone in a darkened house with creaky floors...

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Deliverance
- scariest rednecks on the planet
Suspiria
- yep, classic Argento
In The Mouth of Madness
- scary only if you're in the mood
------------------
"I don't know, Marge. Trying is the first step towards failure." - Homer J. Simpson

Scott W.

Second Unit
II'm pretty decensitized to violence and horror, but two that stick out as sickening are The Shining and Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
Scott

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
It isn't even out yet... Robert Wise's version of the The Haunting.
With the lackluster support Warner Brothers (b*st*rds) has for their classics collection, you'll probably see it after Mr. Wise has shuffled off this mortal coil (so he can't oversee the restoration and transfer). A real damn shame.
Dan

Philippe Barsalou

Auditioning
I want to find a DVD that will scare my girlfriend and I silly
May I suggest a viewing of Pier Paolo Pasolini's Salo with your girlfriend? Just give me the http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1435645243.
But seriously, you might want to try C'est arrivé près de chez vous aka Man Bites Dog. You can find it at la Boite Noire on St-Denis, near Mont-Royal.
Henri-Georges Clouzot's Diabolique is another good choice, as many suggested.
But what still scares me stiff is the scene is Exorcist III where Spoiler:something happens in the hospital corridor, out of focus. It nearly gave me a heart attack the first time I saw it.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I am really glad to see how many people mentioned In The Mouth Of Madness because I thought it was so underrated.
Texas Chainsaw is a landmark in "creepy" cinema.
...as is Rosemary's Baby.
------------------
-Kevin M.
"Ho-sanna-hey-sanna-sanna-sanna-ho-sanna-hey-sanna-ho...sanna!!"
....what the hell does that mean anyway?

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I just rememered one:
Brian Yuzna's Society. This is a disturbing movie!
------------------
Scott from Philly
---
"Fatigue? I've been waiting for this my whole life...Fatigue is army clothes." --Allen Iverson, NBA Press Conf.
Go Sixers!

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
About the Excorcist III scene
- this scene may quite possibly be the scariest thing I've ever seen.
------------------
"I don't know, Marge. Trying is the first step towards failure." - Homer J. Simpson

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Yes, Final Destination is GREAT on DVD. The first commentary track is very excellent.
Another movie that really freaked me out is "Lord of Illusions".
The Prophecy movies really scared me because I had nightmares of dudes with black eyes. When I saw the movie in the theater I couldn't breathe for what seemed like forever. That's just something that'd freak me out though, not the rest of the world.

Kevin Potts

Second Unit
Maybe it's just me but the two creepiest movies I've seen were The Fog and The Thing, both made by John Carpenter.
They still give me the willies.
------------------
"Would you fly with him"? "I don't know. I just don't know"

StanikS

Agent
Real Name
Tidal
House on Haunted Hill!
watch it with the lights off and surround cranked.
I got the best compliment that night from my girlfriend besides that she wont ever watch that movie again...
"I hate your surround sound system" :)
which means it did its job.
this movie messed me up too because i didn't know what it was about when i first watched it.
Blair Witch did it for me....
Spoiler:that was BEFORE it was made public it was faked
plus watching the sci-fi special before the movie didn't help.

T r o y

Supporting Actor
This one is not yet on DVD, but alot of folks on this forum, including me, can't wait til it's released.
This one may have already been mentioned, though I haven't looked at every reply in this thread but the ones that I have read are darn good. But try this one and see what ya think:
The scene at the very end of "Burnt Offerings" where
Oliver Reed character goes upstairs to see what is taking his wife,played by Karen Black, so long after checking up on the old Lady of the house. And if you've seen this movie before, you know what happens when Reed enters the room . To this day, that scene still gives me chills down my spine and everywhere else for that matter. VERY CREEPY!!
Highly recommended if you want one of those instant goose bump reaction scenes.
icon14.gif

Oh my , I've given myself chills while actually writing this out. Oh,Oh, see what I mean
eek.gif

Have Fun!
Troy

Neil_S

Stunt Coordinator
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who was creeped out by 'Event Horizon'. Despite being 'sci fi', something about that movie is very primal and disturbing. Very well done. I would like to see it again...
Then there is 'Communion'. I'm sorry, but I admit I will not see that movie. I know what it is about and just the subject matter keeps me up at night (especially living alone... Seeing those little grey forms standing at the foot of my bed... ) I don't get scared easily, but that does it for me....
Here is one I will probably be mocked repeatedly for:
'The Astronauts Wife'
I watched this with a friend and while it left a lot to be desired, it was subtly creepy.
Neil
------------------

Tim Hess

Second Unit
Mark_TS is right, watch Communion alone, whether you believe in aliens or not, when it peaks around that door that first time...!!!
I haven't seen this movie in ages, if it's on DVD, I'm going out to get it tonight....
"...little blue fuckers!"
------------------

Derek J

Grip
As a few have already stated, Clouzot's Diabolique is a must see for Horror fans and will give you chills even after all these years. This film was an acknowledged influence on Hitchcock and is considered a classic. I agree with others in this thread that the remake with Sharon Stone should not be touched with a ten foot pole!! It is absolute crap and should be avoided.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
So, you wanna be scared do ya? Drop your keyboard, get up, and now RUN to your nearest dvd store and pick up The Changling!
eek.gif
eek.gif

Why are you still here, GO!
One of the scarist films ever made, I love it!
------------------
"How can I heal, when I can't feel time?"
Leonard from Memento

Kent Nelson

Agent
I remember a very low budget, borderline cheesy horror movie called "the grim reaper" that some friends and I rented many years ago to laugh at and it was actually pretty scary.
There was a scene with the deformed killer and a blind girl in the same room that could have been the inspiration for the filming (technically) of the night vision scene in silence of the lambs.
Creepy stuff - not sure if the dvd is out, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks