What's new

Scarface out early?? (1 Viewer)

Ok this may be a stupid thing to post but here goes... Instead of watching The raiders get pummeled for four whole quarters last night (Monday) , I decided to watch wrestling for a bit (don't laugh) Anyway, I noticed a commercial for Scarface 20th anniversary DVD which said "buy it tuesday". Now I've been patiently waiting for this thing to come out for years, so the Sept 30th street date has been etched in my memory for quite some time. My initial thought was it accidentally aired early. However, This same commercial was aired at LEAST 5 times during the program. Wouldn't someone catch this little error the first couple of times and tell someone somewhere that that ad shouldn't run yet. WWE is a nationally aired program. I'ts probably international come to think of it. Now that they ,intentionally or not, told millions of people it's coming out tuesday (today) Are they gonna ship it out early? Does stuff like this happen often and I just don't notice? Someone chime in please- M

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Someone probably grabbed the wrong version of the commercial and put it in the que for repeat use during the program you watched. It was most likely played automatically, and any dweeb who was supposed to monitor the output would likely have not paid enough attention to the ad to notice. Unless such a person just happened to be like you, a Scarface fan in-the-know about the real street date, there is no way they would have realized it. IF there was even someone monitoring. And if there was, and they realized there was a mess-up, it's doubtful they would have taken the responsibility upon themselves to change anything. Not for something that relatively minor.

I'm looking at Universal's info system right now; the date for release remains the 30th. Anyone who is able to buy it before then will do so as the result of a street date break.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Universal constantly does this on tv about their dvds. I remember they had a similar commercial that said, buy Animal house tuesday 8 days before street date ,the commercial aired ! Coincidentially it aired during wrestling !:D

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i saw it during MNFOOTBALL but the one i saw said "buy it now".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks