What's new

SAW VII - 3D anyone? (1 Viewer)

Ryan Belfast

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone looking forward to the final SAW installment? Its currently being filmed in 3D and its going and looking quite well. I think this will take a whole new turn on the franchise and hopefully they will go out with a bang!

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Wow...seventh installment? I had no idea it had so many sequels. I really enjoyed the first one. It was smart and fresh. I think I viewed #2...might have been 3rd...not sure. Ryan, in your opinion, are the others worth seeing or are they really just milking the brand name?

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
The last one I saw had Jigsaw in it I think, but his apprentice was thrown into a pit of needles, which one was that?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Scott McGillivray ">[/url]

Ryan, in your opinion, are the others worth seeing or are they really just milking the brand name?[/QUOTE]I'm not Ryan but I think it's a mixed bag. In my opinion, the first and fourth ones are the weakest entries in the series. None of them are great art- they're just a fun time to see crazy traps and clever twist endings.

As much as I've enjoyed the series (warts and all), I'm hoping that Lion's Gate brings the series to a close with this one. It would be better to go out somewhat strong instead of just churning out sequels until no one wants to see them any more or until they're relegated to direct to video status.

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by [b]Steve_Tk[/b] [url=/forum/thread/299226/saw-vii-3d-anyone#post_3674383]

Ryan Belfast

Stunt Coordinator
Originally Posted by Scott McGillivray

Wow...seventh installment? I had no idea it had so many sequels. I really enjoyed the first one. It was smart and fresh. I think I viewed #2...might have been 3rd...not sure. Ryan, in your opinion, are the others worth seeing or are they really just milking the brand name?
Well, the 1st was the best, the 2nd is the best sequel, the 6th is the best since the second. 3, 4 and 5 are just good fun, but not quite as good story's as the others. But some eye watering traps.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
One thing I will say about the Saw films, and something I really appreciate about them as well, is that they've got more brains in their heads than most horror that comes out now.

At least these films offer a continuing mystery that challenges you to follow, it's not just mindless gore like some will have you believe, there's a good story being told here and each film unfolds and gives us another piece.

I thoroughly enjoy each Saw film and welcome a final one, could do without the 3D, though.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Saw VII Release was just pushed up a week to October 22.

October 29 seemed to be kind of crowded and it will allow them to avoid the head-to-head with Paranormal Activity 2 after getting spanked by the first film last year (despite Saw VI being one of the best films in the franchise, IMO).

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ Since the bulk of their target audience is probably more interested in going to parties on Halloween weekend than going to a movie theater, it's probably a good move to get away from that date anyway.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Looks like this is back on October 29.

And is it really in 3D? The trailer is pretty subtle about it (

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks