1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Saw on Blu Ray

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by JGiampa, Jan 3, 2007.

1. JGiampa

JGiampa Well-Known Member

I just purchased and watched Saw. Looked very grainy, I wasn't very impressed at all.

Anyone else watch Saw on BD?

Joe

2. Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz Premium
    Supporter

Dave Moritz
    I have not purchased that movie yet, but I am wondering what player you have? Do you have the Samsung or Panasonic? I actually was plan on owning all three on Bluray after I purchase the Panasonic player.

3. JGiampa

JGiampa Well-Known Member

I am actually using a PS3, and am viewing it on a Samsung 56 inch 1080p DLP.

4. BrettGallman

BrettGallman Well-Known Member

Yeah, there's a lot of grain, especially during the darker scenes with Lawrence and Adam in the room. I would think it's intentional, because it seems like "Saw" looked kind of grimy or dirty even in theaters.

I think it pretty much replicates the source material pretty well, and some shots actually look very good to my eyes.

5. Keith E

Keith E Well-Known Member

I agree with this statement, "Saw" is a movie that has that intentional dirty look that is a perfect match to the subject mater of the movie.

6. Ian Currie

Ian Currie Well-Known Member

I actually think it's one of the stronger Blu-ray titles. I love the look of this film. It's got a gritty look, but the grain doesn't interfere with detail - in contrast to Pearl Harbor where excessive grain mars detail.