1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Saved By The Bell: Seasons Three/Four

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by MattGentry, Sep 6, 2003.

1. MattGentry

MattGentry Well-Known Member

Alright, so anyone who knows SBTB knows that there were some episodes known as the "Malibu Sands" episodes, in which the gang got jobs (for the summer) at the Malibu Sands beach resort. None of these eps. showed the high school and had nothing to do with school.

Then, for some inexplicable reason, Kelly and Jessie left during the fourth season and...tah dah! Enter Tori, the tough biker chick who, for some really stupid reason, was almost never seen without her leather jacket on. Then, towards the end of the season, Kelly and Jessie came back to attend graduation.

So, here's my thought(s) for the season 3 and 4 set of SBTB. How about we do this? Take all of season 3 (roughly 20some eps.) and put it on Discs 1 and 2 and 3. Then, put the Malibu Sands episodes (only about 6 or so) onto Disc 4.
    The 5th disc will have the Tori episodes. Disc 6 shall contain all the season 4 episodes (plus the Haiwaiian Movie) that have Jessie and Kelly in them, culminating in the graduation episode (or maybe the clip show for the 2003 class).

Anyone else? Comments?

2. Xenia Stathakopoulou

Xenia Stathakopoulou Well-Known Member

I think all that you just mentioned, would take up at least 7 discs, but thats only my rough estimate.[​IMG]

3. LukeB

LukeB Well-Known Member

Season 3 has:

6 Malibu Sands episodes
    26 Bayside episodes (counting the ones that most people label "Season 2" that aren't included).

That will take up 5 discs, at least, like the set that's been released.

Season 4 has 22 episodes: 11 episodes with Torri and 11 episodes with Kelly. That's 4 more discs and they can throw on the Hawaiian Style movie too.

They might be better off just releasing Seasons 3 and 4 separately, then. And then a 2-disc Good Morning Miss Bliss set, a 4-disc College Years set (3 discs of episodes + the Wedding in Las Vegas movie).

Now, assuming they go and actually give us extras, they'll want to keep the maximum number of episodes per disc around 6, I'd think.

I really don't care how they do it, just so long as we get all of the episodes, for a reasonable price, and in a timely fashion. And extras would be nice.

Then again, NBC apparently has an odd order to what they consider 'seasons' - in which case the number of episodes would be entirely different. Perhaps this is what has been meant in the descriptions that state, "For five seasons." They might be counting the Torri season and senior year with Jessie and Kelly as two different seasons. And then Season 4 seems long, because they count what most consider the second half of Season 3 (all the Malibu Sands episodes and more) with that. It's confusing, but this kind of helps a little bit in the NBC way of thinking:
    http://homepage.mac.com/ijball/SbtB/Ordered-List.html

4. PaulP

PaulP Well-Known Member

Yeah I just finished the DVDs, watching them in production order (which actually made sense, since there are actually storylines that make sense this way), and after not having seen the show in a long time, I remembered how much fun it was. And also how funny it was. Just a great show. Brings back memories... :b We need the next set soon!

5. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Well-Known Member

How about we do this?

Have a five-disc season three set.
    Have a three-disc season four set.
    Have a two-disc College Years set.
    Have a two-disc Good Morning, Miss Bliss set.
    Have a one-disc set with the two SBTB movies (Hawaiian Style/Wedding in Las Vegas).

Then Lions Gate can start releasing all the SBTB knock offs (SBTB: The New Class, USA High, California Dreams, etc) and I'll buy them all. [​IMG]

6. Ryan Wishton

Ryan Wishton Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the Saved by the Bell series, but was never able to get into the knock offs even when I was a kid... I didnt like the New Class, etc...

7. Ricardo C

Ricardo C Well-Known Member

California Dreams on DVD would be a must-buy for me. Seriously :b

8. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Well-Known Member

9. Ricardo C

Ricardo C Well-Known Member

Yeah, it started to decline after the big cast change, but Lorena... She alone makes it all worthwhile :b

10. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Well-Known Member

Any sales figures for the first two seasons, or news on future releases? Dave? Gord? [​IMG]

11. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Well-Known Member

"Surf Dudes With Attitudes Good Vibrations"
    Oh I hate that theme song of California Dreams.

12. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Well-Known Member

Hang Time is the worst offender of preachiness IMHO.

I agree with Mr. Chmiel that USA High rules, and NEEDS to be on DVD! =^_^=

13. David Lambert

David Lambert Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

14. Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris Well-Known Member

Dave,

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Chris

15. Joel C

Joel C Well-Known Member

Tatooted Teenage Alien Fighters from Beverly Hills NEEDS to be on DVD!!! [​IMG]

16. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Well-Known Member

I thought there were more than six shows at the Malaboo Sands club, but time has probably expanded that number in my head, so I'm not doubting that there are only that many.
    I'll buy the rest of the Saved by the Bell Series, the College Years and Mrs. Bliss, possibly the movies, but probably none of the knock offs. I kind of liked California Dreams, but I barely remember it now. I guess I enjoyed City Guys...