What's new

Saturn 3 (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

79202_large.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.  

Last edited by a moderator:

DP 70

Screenwriter
Real Name
Derek
I saw this in 70mm 6 -Track Stereo on release at the Classic Haymarket in London and seem to remember the
PQ of the blow up was not to good.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Well, the Magnetic Video laser disc release looked like crap, also (panned and scanned), so I look forward to this guilty please on Blu-ray.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
What are the chances for a Kirk Douglas/Harvey Keitel/Stanley Donen/Martin Amis commentary? :)

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Amis lives near me in Brooklyn, so maybe I'll bring the disc over to him and suggest we watch it. I suspect I'll be declined.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I have always thought this film is quite a curiosity and wanted to know more about how the heck this film came together and the making of it. The wonders of the internet...

http://saturn3makingof.com/

I will probably pick this up just because the film has always seemed such an oddity to me.

ijthompson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jordan
In a fit of 70s nostalgia, I purchased this on AppleTV a couple months ago. Man... some fond old memories really lose their charm when revisited... :wacko:

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Yeah, I don't think it anybody would say it is a great film and it is more artifact than art...and I sort of stare at it wondering "How did this happen?"

Mark_TB

Second Unit
When this was first released, I was at an age where I saw and loved just about any science fiction movie. But even then, I thought it was pretty bad. And I remember the PQ as being poor, too, with lots of extremely grainy opticals. Not sure that HD is going to do this one any favors.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm loving all of your memories. I saw this first on what must of been the first VHS release. I was probably around 8 years old and I thought it was amazing though I don't remember anything about it. I do recall that I was the only one of my friends who thought it was amazing.

I'll be buying this one for sure. :)

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Saturn 3. I haven't thought about this film in I don't know how long. I saw this theatrically because even though I should've known better, I would watch just about any SF film back then. If I pick this up, it will only be because of nostalgia; but once again I probably should know better. :)

- Walter.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I think this thing flopped because people thought they'd missed Saturn 1 and Saturn 2. Same thing happened with Bill Cosby did a movie called "Leonard 6." People were like, um, when did Leonard's 1-5 come out?

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Ethan Riley said:
I think this thing flopped because people thought they'd missed Saturn 1 and Saturn 2. Same thing happened with Bill Cosby did a movie called "Leonard 6." People were like, um, when did Leonard's 1-5 come out?
It probably didn't help with Leonard 6 when Cosby actively told people the movie was no good and to not see it. :P

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Even though my recollection of the movie is that it was something of an odd duck, I'd buy it. But not for $25. This is a movie I would have expected to street at $15, $20 would be pushing it.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
It's a pass for me. I remember trailers for this being attached to sci-fi movies I saw in 1979, some equally bad (Meteor comes to mind), and I thought the robot was cool, but not much else.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks