What's new

Saturday Night Live Season36 (1 Viewer)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
It didn't take me a second to realize that was Steve Carrell as much as it took me ten minutes to get it through my head and make it stick. When I saw Carrell's name in the credits, I rewound to see which character he played. I played it in a loop for ten minutes before I figured it out. The problem was, I got it stuck in my head that was Smigel under the makeup.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Other then Helms, I didn't know who the heck the villians were, it drove me nuts when they were on the screen.

I thought the show was gonna be hillarious when Helms took the stage but his monologe was painfull to watch and then I wasn't sure how it was going to go.

xfile94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jennifer Colbert
Tonight's show should be great with Justin Timberlake. Although I really don't like his musical efforts, I will admit he has a gift for comedy, as he's shown on previous episodes.

Brandy S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandy
Awesome episode, great season ender.

Timberlake and Gaga were both really funny!

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
A few REALLY great sketches and some "OK" ones. The sketch with the reporter goes on WAY too long. But these two KILLED me.

Frank S

Grip
I think the reporter sketch is a reference to this on air fight between these two Fox NY reporters from a few years ago.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm always kind of skeptical when they try and work the musical guest into sketches on the show, but Gaga showed some comedic talent. Maybe she needs to host a show next season.

"What's My Name?" was also pretty funny. Poor Chris Kirkpatrick! And JT was able to elevate a sketch I usually hate, "Secret Word," to something pretty funny.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I thought it was a pretty great episode. From JT's monologue to the Barry Gib skit. The one skit that is pretty creepy is the love ride one with the "machines".

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I love the senile reporter sketches. (Never saw that real one -- thanks for sharing!)

JT and Gaga dancing around in those ridiculous costumes was hilarious, but I didn't like the way it revolved around picking on the "tea lady." That was kind of mean-spirited.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
From a performance standpoint, this was a standout episode. Timberlake and Gaga both gave it their all, and their enthusiasm was infectious.

From a writing standpoint, this had to be the most recycled show ever. They seriously had done every single sketch in some form somewhere before.

Also, if they don't market Lady Gaga's slutty wine-costume for Halloween this year, then somebody's missing the boat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks