What's new

Saturday Night Live - Season 33 (1 Viewer)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Ellen wasn't a great host, but this was by far the best show of the season. Very nice. Bill Hader is officially the superstar of the show after last week's "I Drink Your Milkshake!" and tonight's Captain Hook.

Can't wait for Amy Adams next week, I love her. I read that Jonah Hill finally gets to host the week after.

xfile94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jennifer Colbert
I was surprised by Vincent D'Onofrio's appearance at the begining of the show! I hated Ellen Page, though. Not a very good show last night.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Page had this awkward nervous energy that I found off putting. Her Canadian accent kept coming out too.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Yeah, she would often look like a deer in headlights.

Amy Adams should be awesome next week since she used to do dinner theater!

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I am begginning to think that SNL should have waited a few more weeks before they came back on the air so they could fine-tune the sketeches before they aired. I am sure there was considerably "heat" from the networks to get the show back on the air as soon as possible.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Overall a pretty lackluster episode. I don't know that waiting a few more weeks would help much, it's not like the majority of skits were great BEFORE the strike, either.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
If I understand the process, I don't think waiting would have helped. They spend a week on every episode; no more, no less. I don't think the past two episodes were that bad.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was an off episode last night.

The only thing of interest, the final sketch with Page at the Melissa Etheridge concert. Not that it was funny, but with all the gossip over the past week about her sexuality, was that her way of coming out?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Doubtful. It's more a way of thumbing her nose at the speculators. I imagine if she were interested in sharing the information with the world she would do it in a more matter of fact manner.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I was disappointed with the Amy Adams episode, perhaps because I had high expectations. My main problem with it was that Adams seemed to play alot of straight characters, leaving the comedic roles to the cast. I wonder what it would have been like if Adams had played the fat one in the Mirror Image sketch. Ultimately it wound up being rather dull with the lack of risk taking.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Poehler's 'ghostbuster's' riff had me laughing hard.
She's can be just so unashamedly enthusiastic and silly, it's funny and sexy at the same time.

Oh! and 'elf defense' Pop!!! Joke of the week!!

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I skipped Mariah's numbers. The best thing in the whole episode -- maybe the best thing this season -- was the opening ad for Eliot Spitzer's new law practice. The writing was genius, and Kristen Wiig's wordless portrayal of Mrs. Spitzer was . . . I have no words. :laugh:

Jonah Hill's six-year-old Borsht Belt comic wasn't bad either.

M.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I almost never watch the musical guests. 95% of the time, I either don't know who they are (I'm old, so the mention of, say, Death Cab For Cutie just makes me go, "huh?") or I hate them. Like, for instance, Mariah. I did notice during the last "waving bye-bye" segment that she has redonkulously fake boobs. Nice. That is, nice in a bad way.

The one skit I will probably watch repeatedly is the Clancy T. Bachleratt and Jackie Snad album commercial. But then again, some of my biggest obsessions are Rocketships, Model T's, toddlers, and jars of beer.

Dan M

Second Unit
What are the chances Mariah was lip syncing?

Kristen Wiig had a busy night and stole the show I thought.

I loved the SNL short about dating Andy Samberg's dad. That one had me rolling:laugh:

This episode was funnier than last week...

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The new woman also has improved. Her first show she was really over the top most of the time - playing for the back row I imagine - but she seems to have picked up a few pointers from Wiig.

Dan M

Second Unit

ohhh nooo.Then she cant be Amy's Aunt Linda and do the movie reviews!

Wiig does alot of funny characters and seems very versatile. Looking forward to more skits with her. However I think they've reached the limit with the Penelope character...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks