What's new

Saturday Night Live - Season 32 (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

it'll be on again.
probably not too long from now.
they usually use these types of eps as filler re-run when they have a break.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Quite a classic, better than last year's Alec Baldwin ep. Not a stinker in the bunch, half were very funny, and the carpool sketch with Wiig was close to an instant classic if, for no other reason, the "Bobby McFerrin raped my Grandmother" line. I know that it doesn't scan as particularly funny out of context which is all the more reason it's "milk shooting out of your nose" funny. There's also an explanation of why Wiig's character loves Celine Dion that's almost as funny. Baldwin also consistenly delivers hilarious opening monologs.

"You know what part of a woman I like best? And I'm not kidding about this -- the vagina"

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I don't think anyone expected the bar to stay at that level. And who will be the first to make a "ludicrous" joke?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
There were about 3 laughs in the entire show, and 2 were from Amy Poehler's screen on female celebs to stop showing off their nether regions in public. The bit about all the different theories on Lost as Matthew Fox is stuck in an elevator with all of these "fans" was somewhat amusing, but lacked a killer punchline.

"Kramer, please."

"What's next: Shots of stars pooping out of a window?"

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, another off episode. Very few laughs. Liked the elevator sketch, although you are right, it never really had a great punchline. And, I liked Amy and Kristen on the porch trying to kiss Matthew Fox. Not the greatest of sketches, but they made it work.

And is it just me or is Jack Black in his Tenacious D character one of the most obnoxious on the planet? I like Black at times, but I think I would rather see Carrot Top and Pauly Shore together than Tenacious D. And I thought that the first time they were on SNL, before Jack Black was popular. Hated them then too.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Poehler's "vagina monologue" was the best part of the show and the clip I've kept for my archives.

The Mountain Man sketch would have been better if Fox had played it more surprised with Amy's mouth kiss. Still, I continue to be quite impressed with Wiig's ability to mine the humor from such natural facial and vocal expressions.

Hader's Richards impression was uncanny at times, but it seemed a little difficult to maintain.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
I agree, Wiig is phenomenally good IMHO.
Not a great ep. Seemed like they didn't utilize Fox well or maybe it just isn't his thing. That Chocolate sketch was pretty awful. Tenacious, love 'em or hate 'em you gotta give them credit. They take the whole Spinal Tap is real thing to heart.
Poehler's vag bit was awesome. And they HAVE to stop with the Bush skits. Went from one guy who didn't sound anything like Bush to another who also doesn't sound anything like Bush.
The dancesong show bit was ok, though...

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Another rough one, especially the quick pull out of the final sketch. Just as well, it wasn't very good.

Stefani's number was very reminiscent of the bananas song, though I think more bizarre with the sampling of "Lonely Goatherd."

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I think I would have enjoyed the Apocalypto trailer more if I hadn't already seen something similar on MadTV.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Oh man! I thought the same thing too...especially considering the two sketches were on within about 15 minutes of each other. Maybe it's because I saw MadTV's first, but I thought their version was better.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I thought Mad's was better too. I guess a person's guilt and contrition is more humorous than a person's hatred. :)

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I'm only halfway through the episode (Tivoed it) but Alec Baldwin in the opening, and the P Diddy cartoon were very funny.

But the classic, once again Wiig and the Two A-Holes.

"He doesn't look like Santa"

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I liked the monsters skit. The rest was decent.

How come Gwen Stefani didn't do a second number? Akon actually is featured on her new album so I thought they would do that song together...I know they used to do that a lot in the old days but it was pretty weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks