What's new

Saturday Night Live - Season 32 (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
The first time I saw her on SNL, she was playing that character. I was so confused as to why I never saw her in any other skits. I had no idea her hair was fake. It definitely makes her look hotter. I think the wig balances her facial proportions better than her real hair.

LOL - it's funny how her last name is Wiig. :D

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
Count me in on the "Wiig-as-A-Hole" fan club (I chimed in on this topic with Thi last season). There's just something SO hot about her when she's done up in that character. The very first appearance ("Two A-Holes Buy a Christmas Tree") is still my favorite. It must be the jeans...

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I would rather see him play every sketch as Bertie Wooster or one of the Blackadder "Georges" :)

I was pretty disappointed in the John C. Reilly show, but I thought "My Chemical Romance" was great.

Regards,

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
In the opening skit last night the camera is close in on a seated Lorne Michaels.
Someone walks up to him with a serving tray and the audience erupts in recognition. But, even though there was plenty of time to get a camera on this person, the director maddeningly fails to do so.
Wonder who it was?
Maybe Hugh?

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I thought they were cheering the server as well, but it was Borat taking the stage.

The first good show of the season.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Anyone notice more of the bad directing, like the canned laughter at Hugh's intro just suddenly went from 11 to 0?

I thought the directing was pretty bad in terms of camera angles in some skits, most notably the Queen/Hotel one where they kept staying on the wide shot when Hugh would be saying his lines when it looked like it was intended to use the single cam on Hugh while he read off the cue cards. The wide shot made it totally obvious he was reading cue cards, while the other camera angle made it less distractingly so.

Borat was probably one of the funniest opening on SNL in years. Schwing!

The thermal footage of wind breakage was funny...once.

Smigel's cartoon was okay.

The butchering of the national anthem was a low point.

Weak Weekend Update.

I LOL when Borat started to give Hugh a mock BJ.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Decent episode. I always get a kick out of Tim Calhoun, though this time he was more creepy than socially awkward.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was really good. Hopefully Seth Meyers just needed a little time to get used to the head writer spot.

Great monologue, great cold open, the return of Tim Calhoun, and two of the best and most innovative musical performances in SNL history. Seriously, hire Beck as a writer for some musical sketches!

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I was at the show last night, and indeed, while Lorne was still on-screen everyone started cheering because Borat walked up on the stage.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Having watched Howard Dean and Ken Mehlman on CBS's Face the Nation just this morning after seeing last night's SNL "Hardball" sketch, I can now unequivocally state that it's fucking scary how closely Andy Samberg resembles Mehlman.

I was actually waiting for Dean to shriek, "I'm gonna fight you!" today on Bob Schieffert's show. That would've rocked.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, Wiig is definitely the best thing about the show now.

Last nights, I thought, was the weakest of the season. Other than BORAT, just not funny.

Beck's puppets were cool, but I still don't like his music.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks