What's new

Saturday Night Live: Lost & Found In The '80s (1 Viewer)

RoyM

Stunt Coordinator
I would personally be on the fence about buying any 1980-85 sets. There is undoubtedly some good material in those seasons, and even (sporadically) some memorable entire shows. But by the same token, individual releases of these wildly uneven seasons would also entail delaying the release of the genuinely better (and even often great) 1987 - onward seasons, which I REALLY want.

I assume that many SNL fans are of the same conflicted opinion. And I also assume that Broadway Video (Michael's production company) and Universal might be rightfully concerned that releasing these generally lesser regarded (especially the fairly or not reviled 1980) season sets over the next several release cycles following the classic original cast releases might greatly diminish sales momentum for the later, better seasons.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

That is a valid point. If they release the 1980 season, people may think that it is indicitave of the early 80s and not bother anymore. Although I can't believe that Eddie Murphy would not be a huge draw. I mean, if "Norbit" can make the money it did, can the 1980 season be much worse? Also, when Paramount released "The Best of Eddie Murphy: Saturday Night Live" In the late 80s, wasn't it pretty huge?

I guess they have a pretty tough decision to make after the release of the fifth season

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I was thinking most adults know how SNL progressed over the years. If not, they would perhaps get on the net and check out an episode guide or look up some clips on youtube.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks