1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sat system recommendations

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Leigh_M, May 26, 2007.

1. Leigh_M

Leigh_M Well-Known Member

Ok, I'm going to buy a sat system for three season porch. We will be primarily watching TV and the occasional movie. Since the room is quite small, I want to use wall mounted Sat. speakers. Also, I would like to keep the speaker cost to $500 or less. Currently, I'm thinking of the Polk RM6750 or looking for used Boston Acoustics 90X speakers. Any suggestions would be appreciated. BTW, I will most likely use a Dayton 10" sub.

2. MaxL

MaxL Well-Known Member

3. Don T

Don T Well-Known Member

Hello Leigh,

I have enjoyed my new SVS speakers. For the price you are suggesting, I think you can get the SBS 5.0 system for $599 (http://www.svsound.com/products-spks-sbs01.cfm) They are great speakers, well built. And they are easily moveable should you need to take them out of the room. If you go with overstock, the price is $449, and that is a steal. Call the cops.

Of course I would recommend a SVS sub to go with it, but if you have one that is up to task, then I am sure you would be quite happy. The SVS staff is super nice and quite easy to work with.

Thank you,
    Don

4. Leigh_M

Leigh_M Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input so far ... I'll have to see if I can find the athenas to take a closer look.

The SVS system was the first thing that came to my mind. My only concern is that they may look a little big mounted on the wall. Since this is not going to be a primary system, I don't think I'll spend the money for an SVS sub. Besides, they are huge and my wife would kill me! I do have one in my main system though.

5. gene c

gene c Well-Known Member

Gene
    For those on a serious budget, Vanns.com still has a few Infinity TS-450 5.1 small satellite system (2 1/2" drivers) for only $199. Not as good as the Athena's but a real good price.