1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sat help

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Littlejohn, Sep 7, 2001.

1. Mark Littlejohn

I just got my direct tv hooked, now I have 2 locations bedroom and basement, Im getting 99% Level with both recievers, now the ones I purchased through direct werent too impressive not even s video. So a friend of my cousins wanted to sell 1 of his RCA HD , got it hooked it, it only gets half the stations I even tried his personal one the exact same model still I get searching for signals.... mind you one the recievers from direct I get 99 % signal what gives.

2. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

I think you have to tell DirecTv that you changed receivers. They have to 'connect' it before it will work. Be aware that you might be on hold for a long time.
    Glenn

3. R Benson

R Benson Auditioning

Have you gone into the setup menu and told the receiver that you are connected to the 18" dish and not the oval twin LNB dish?
    ------------------

4. Mark Littlejohn

Yes the first thing I did was call Direct TV and I also changed dish settings thanks.
    ------------------