What's new

Sarah McLachlan's Black Bird (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I love this Beatles cover. I've heard on the radio several times since I am Sam. There are a few other covers on the soundtrack I like, but this is by far my favorite. Anyone else feel the same way?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I like the Eddie Vetter cover "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away". Those are the only two songs I bought that CD for, but some of the others are pretty good, not all of them are to my liking. "Don't let me down" is good too, can't remember who did that cover though.

Brian Bunn

Second Unit
Stereophonics...the name of the band doing "Don't Let Me Down". From Britain. Check out there latest album "Just Enough Education To Perform"...good stuff.

John Tillman

Supporting Actor
I'm home today doing some painting and spun this album earlier. It is very good... Many nice cuts.

NP: America, America.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, that's cool, along with the Eddie Vedder number that John mentioned (kind of a rote reading, but that's Ok with Beatles stuff...perfect as it is. :) )
The best Blackbird cover I've ever heard is Crosby,Stills & Nash's from their box set, pretty amazing.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
The best Blackbird cover I've ever heard is Crosby,Stills & Nash's from their box set, pretty amazing.
Wings did one on the "Wings Over America" live album that was uncannily like the original. It's just eerie. I can't imagine how they pulled this one off. :)
Seriously though, another recent non-"I am Sam" Beatles cover that I liked a lot was Allison Krauss' take on "I Will" from a few years ago. It's a pretty straight read, but her voice is just beautiful.
Regards,

Mark Lee

Second Unit
This thread seems to be getting swaying into a "fave Beatles cover" thread, so I figured I'd chime in with my own weird-ass cover choice (not a "favorite," technically, but certainly one of the most unique) -- Slovenia's own neo-fascist band, Laibach, and their cover of the entire album Let It Be. Many of the songs have been twisted almost beyond recognition (listening to "Get Back" and "I've Got A Feeling" mutated into goose-stepping dirges is somewhat unsettling, to say the least), and curiously, "Let It Be" is the only song not covered on the album, but the grand irony of the Beatles being covered by a group of Balkan pro-totalitarians is something to behold.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Stereophonics...the name of the band doing "Don't Let Me Down". From Britain. Check out there latest album "Just Enough Education To Perform"...good stuff.
Hmmmm...will have to check out the album then. I've been hearing plenty of good things about it.

{now playing: Nine Inch Nails - Gave up from the album Broken}

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks