What's new

Sanyo Z3 or Z2 (1 Viewer)

DelRay

Stunt Coordinator
Is it worth the extra $500 getting the Z3 over the Z2. Most of my use will be watching dvds. I don't mind paying the extra $ for a better unit.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Everything I have red points toa BIG yes on that question.

Check the Official Z3 thread at the AVS forum, under $3500 PJ forum.

Sam

Gerald LaFrance

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerald LaFrance
User maintenance of LCD panels. One problem that can occur on any projector that does not have a sealed light engine is that dust particles can settle on the LCD panels. When a dust particle lands on and sticks to an LCD panel, it will produce a small, fuzzy spot on the projected image. When owners of projectors have a dusty environment and/or do not perform regular filter cleaning maintenance, they may need to send their units in for cleaning periodically to eliminate dust.

Sanyo has come up with a novel solution to this problem on the Z3. There are three tiny holes in the bottom of the casework that remain sealed in normal operation. However should a dust particle settle on an LCD panel, the user may remove the seals and insert a hand-pump blower (included with the product) that will dislodge any dust. After this operation, the seals are easily replaced and you are back in business. Since there is no dust on our test unit, we cannot actually verify that this works. But it looks like a great solution to a problem that has long been a nuisance for some projector owners.

that is a BIG Plus being able to clean the dust off (Taken form the Article). here is a review of this model:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/sanyo_plv-z3.htm

I am NOT getting a Projecter for several more Months. I am unsure wich model but it will either be the Z3 or Z4 !!

:emoji_thumbsup:

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
I believe the answer is yes based on a small improvement in picture quality and as explained the improvement in cleaning ease and design.

Chris

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
I've been dealing with the same decision myself.....I'm going to pull the trigger on my first projector in about two weeks, and I think I'm leaning toward the Z3. Sounds like a pretty nice unit for the price it sells for currently. :emoji_thumbsup:

DelRay

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks guys, Those were the answers I was hoping for. I've been putting off getting a FP for a long time. I'm going to pull the trigger and get the Z3. I originally was going to get the Infocus 4805 but It doesn't have lens shift. I think the Z3 is a better all around unit also. Gee, Now I have to decide on a screen.:D

John Menoni

Stunt Coordinator
Del, you might want to look into a Carada screen if money is a factor. I know budget is a heavy consideration when it comes to my project. I can't say enough about the great service of Carada. They will make any size screen you want for a fraction of the cost of a fancy Stewart or Da lite. The quality is going to be about the same as well. I always thought it was rediculous to pay thousands for a piece of material and a frame.

DelRay

Stunt Coordinator
John, I looked into the Carada screens. At first I wanted a motorized one. But after giving it a lot of thought I'm leaning towards a manual pull down. Maybe it's just me but I was unable to find the pull down screens on the Carada site. I am going to set my 53" Sony into the wall behind the screen. The tv will be used for regular cable viewing. I was hoping to get a decent screen for under $400. I think I can fit a 101" in the area.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks