What's new

Samurai Jack (MERGED THREAD) (1 Viewer)

Louis_P

Stunt Coordinator
In May we will see the 1st season of the series come out in a 2 disk set.What I don't understand is that the specs list 13 episodes for this set.20 episodes were made during the 1st season why not include all 20?

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Can anyone tell me if these 13 episodes featured cross-over with Samurai Jack The Movie? Many tv series such as Gargoyles, TMNT, etc integrate 3-5 episodes into a dtv or made for tv movie so I just want to know if this Season 1 set is a similair case?

Thanks!

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
I bought SJ the Movie on the recommendation of this forum and absolutely loved it. Two things I can't wait for this year on DVD are Samurai Jack seasons and Clone Wars. Great stuff.

Eric F

Screenwriter
Finally.

What's the MSRP, and is the Movie/pilot included in the set? If so I will sell it.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Depends. The 5.1 track on the movie is hidden, so if the season 1 set is not in 5.1, I'll be keeping the movie.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I was so jazzed about this set and now come to find it doesnt have my all time favorite episode on it, Jack VS the Ultra Robots! Was so excited to get that episode alone, but looks like I will have to wait until the next set.

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
I didn't know the movie was just the first 3 episodes. Oh well, guess I can get rid of that one. The MSRP is $29.99 which means it should be about $19.99 first week and $24.99 after that. Too bad it's not coming earlier, I could have given it to my son for his birthday. Oh well, it'll just have to be one of those here I love you kind of gifts.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I recently bought the Samurai Jack premiere and haven't removed the shrink wrap yet. I was wondering if the upcoming season set will duplicate the material on this set, in which case I'll return it, or if it's the rest of season one.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
I can not wait for this show to come out on DVD finally and I would imagine that the movie will be included in the set as the first few episodes. They played it during the first seaon split into 3 or 4 parts as part of the season.

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
It depends on how you define "season". There was a large gap of time between the first showings of episode 13 and 14, so it feels like a decent place to make the cut.

It also allow's them to release more sets if this one sells well.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
I picked up Season 1 of Samurai Jack and now I'm eagerly awaiting the next installment. I was wondering how many seasons there are and if the show ever came to a conclusion.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
There have been three seasons so far, but I believe the show is still running. There haven't been any new episodes for about 6 months, but I believe more will be coming soon.

Joshua Lane

Second Unit
The show has ended (at 52 episodes) although there are 4 episodes that still haven't aired. There were 3 seasons (by air date), but since the "Season 1" box set had eps 1-13 on them, I get the impression there will be 4 sets total.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks