What's new

Samsung Tantus screen problem (1 Viewer)

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor
Not a big deal cause the dealer is going to take care of it. But when My new t.v came yesterday I helped bring it in. When I set it up turned it on everything was great except for a little triangle about 2inches wide that was a different colour. Like a dark dark gray. images can still be seen but its just a little corner that is discoloured.

Figure it came from being moved as it was a demo T.V and while it was setup had no such defect. It started to rain just as we got it out of the van and my first thought was something got wet, but at the bottom left corner? the mark is still there when the tv is off which leaves me to thik the screen is damamged but how? There is no speakers near it at this point as I'm still building them:)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Transporting it from the van to your house while it was raining didn't help matters (why wasn't it at least in its shipping carton?). Replace it with a brand new, factory-sealed unit. Open-box and demo units = not a good idea.

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor
Jack

It wouldn't fit into the van with the box. It is the 55" widescreen. I was there when he took it out of the box and it was only a demo for two weeks(I know the dealer pretty well) I wish I could actually fix it myself, but I have know idea what caused it. The rain started while it was out of the van. Actually wasn't raining at first. Too bad we were half way to the house and half way to the van:angry: when it started

Bill Will

Screenwriter
I'm not saying this is it, but could it be that a triangle logo got burned into the tubes? If you can't get a replacement make Samsung fix it under their warranty but check their burn in policy first.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks