1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Samsung Omnia 7, any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by davesmith, Apr 20, 2011.

1. davesmith

davesmith Well-Known Member

I can get it for £28 upfront then £15 a month for 24 months.

It seems really cheap so I'm very very close to going for it.

Anyone have any thoughts about the handset itself, and anything I should consider before going for a Windows Phone 7 handset. Is WP7 nice to use, any functionality omitted that I might miss going from the iOS on my iTouch?

cheers

2. Hanson

Hanson Well-Known Member

Hanson
    The only person I know of on the entire HTF who has any experience with WP7 is Adam G. He said he was buying one when they were being released.

FYI, the Omnia has 8GB internal and cannot be expanded via SD card. Some people can get by with that, but the mp3 collection alone is bigger than that on my Evo.

3. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    If I wanted a smartphone that was best of class, had tremendous developer support, and a history of solid OS updates, I would not buy a WIndows Phone 7.

If I liked playing with technology, was an iconoclast that refused to own what everyone else owned, and wanted to buy something that might be as good as everything else in six months to a year, then I'd consider WP7.

The reviews on WP7 are generally positive, noting that the system, while showing promise, is still immature and unproved compared to iPhone and Android. But it has a few tricks up its sleeve that nothing else does; it might be worth reading the reviews and demoing one to see if those features are specifically what you want.