1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Samsung DLP - Picture Calibration

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Dave>h, May 17, 2004.

1. Dave>h

Dave>h Well-Known Member

HI all,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I recently purchased the Samsung DLP 61". Overall, I am very happy with this purchase but I do have a few minor problems with the picture and I am wondering if any other owners have come up with a suitable compromise.

1) The green is very green, which isn't really a bad thing but sometimes it can be somewhat distracting. However, none of the things I have tried to tame the green result in a satisfactory compromise. Any suggestions out there?

2) I have the AVIA set up disk but when I calibrate the TV using the disk, I find that some of the colors look unnatural, especially in darker scenes. Fleshtones seem very red and have a layered effect such that looks like the colors sit on one another instead of being properly blended (if that makes any sense). Any one else experience this? If I change from the custom mode to Movie or Standard, the problem goes away but I don't understand why calibrating the set using the AVIA disk would cause this problem.

3) Has anyone tweaked the picture starting from the movie mode or standard mode and using that as your base "custom" starting point? If so, what worked best as a final result?
    If you can be specific, ie Contrat at 85, Sharpness at 30 etc, that would be very helpful.

I really appreciate any comments.

Regards,

Dave