What's new

Samsung BDP1400? (1 Viewer)

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
I couldn't find any posts about this player. Is it very new or something?

Trying to decide on a BluRay Player and for me it seems to be between the Sony S300, Panny DMP-BD10A or now possibly this Samsung, which seems to be the newest.

Just wondering if anyone has it and how it is?

HDReady

Auditioning
Real Name
Ted
You'll find a lot of negative posts at the other video forum on this player. That said, here are my thoughts. I've had this player for about one month and have watched probably a dozen Blu-Ray discs. Picture Quality is outstanding on Blu-Ray playback (on par with the HD DVD playback of the Toshiba XA2 HD DVD player). I haven't done an extensive comparison with the XA2 on SD material. Audio quality is the real standout of this machine. After updating the firmware, one can output all of the lossless audio streams via bitstream, including DTS-Master Audio and Dolby True HD. Through the Pioneer VSX-92, audio sounds fantastic, whether it is one of these streams or the uncompressed PCM offered on many Blu-Ray discs. Startup time can seem rather long compared to standard DVD players, but no longer than my XA2 HD DVD player. The 1400 also has a few quirks--it will sometimes revert back to 1080i after shutoff, despite setting the video output to 1080p. On one occasion, the machine froze during the last 15 minutes of a movie and had to be rebooted. I haven't had the machine long enough to know if this will happen regularly or not. In conclusion, if you are looking for a relatively low-priced Blu-Ray unit that does all of the advanced lossless audio codecs, then this machine is worth a look. If you don't have to have all of the advanced audio options NOW, perhaps it is worth waiting until some of the bugs have been worked out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks