What's new

Samsung BD-P1400, and 'Ghost Busters'... (1 Viewer)

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
My Samsung BD-P1400 will NOT play 'Ghost Busters'. Anybody else had this problem? There have been several reports about this issue over at AVS, and the behavior is identical.

FW is up to date. The disc loads, to the point that the disc is recognized, via the front panel as a "BD", "1080p", etc.. Nothing happens beyond that point. The panel indicates Title 1, the counter reads "0000", and that's it. Powering on and off has no effect. Unplugging doesn't help.

Just wondering if anybody here is having the same issue. I'd rather spend my time here, than over at AVS.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Someone is having the same problem over in the review thread. I have that player and I'm glad that I didn't pick up Ghostbusters yet because it'll take them 2 or 3 months for them to do a firmware update.

litemakr

Auditioning
Real Name
David
I am having the same problem with my BD-P1400. I exchanged the disc once and made sure I have the latest firmware. I contacted Samsung via email, but have not heard back.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
I had the same problem with this disc and "Bride Wars". I called Samsung. They are aware of the problem and it will be fixed in the next firmware update. When that will be she doesn't know, they wait to make it as complete as possible or something.

pett

Auditioning
Real Name
pedro
I tried that movie in a ps3 just today because the samsung bdp 1400 stopped at midway. Ps3 asks me 2.60 upgrade so it works probably in ps3 but not in bdp 1400, my upgrate in samsung bdp1400 is 81219_0 and it doesn´t work, it stopped after a ray drawing of the ghostbusters,
As a game machine Ps3 is always updating the software but I could see that sometimes this is a problem too. Bdp is great but it´s slower in upgrades, bluray dics sometimes has new features that make dvd player need upgrates. Sorry for my mistakes and my grammar I fail my exam last month in the language school.

Rikimaru

Auditioning
Real Name
Rikki
I'm having the same problem but with The Haunting in Connecticut. I have FW 2.0 and have emailed Samsung. The movie works fine in my PS3.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks