What's new

Sam Peckinpah Westerns Collection is Here, But! See Post #81 (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
:angry:

I'm hoping that disc is an exception... if I start seeing my classic film and noir box sets and signature collections with that, I'm going to be very angry!

Unfortunately, I recently found out that Quebec is not the only province that follows this practice as I went into the Disney Store in Ottawa to purchase the new Cinderella recently and put it right back on the rack when I saw the French text splashed accross the top banner on the cover.

From what I understand, even the French Canadians (dvd/film enthusiasts) don't appreciate this.

It NEEDS to stop!

I always assumed Warner was one studio I could rely on when it comes to this stupidity.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Is the boxed set a multi-panelled gatefold or does it actually contain each of the four plastic keepcases that are available seperately? The box looks a bit slim to house four keepcases.

A big deal for collection chronologists such as I! :D

Jing_B

Stunt Coordinator
I was wondering too. Could It be it uses the same packaging as the Alfred Hitchcock Masterpiece Collection?

Roger Rollins

Supporting Actor
No worries. If you research this, each title is available separately as a keepcase single release, and the boxed set just houses the four indiviual releases, with PAT GARRETT and WILD BUNCH being 2 disc sets.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Forgive my naivety/laziness, but where would one begin one's research in to this?! ;) Where is it stated that the bix will contain all four keepcases?

Thanks, Roger. :emoji_thumbsup:

Roger Rollins

Supporting Actor
The WB press release that was released earlier mentioned that the boxed set and each title available separately. Any time they release a boxed set with titles available separately, these are single keepcsses in an outer sleeve.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Yes, Warner normally box seperate keepcases together, but the World of DVD is strange place and whakcy packaging ideas are rife these days! And with the power of sight, I proclaim that the box pictured above is not wide enough to house four plastic keepcases! In fact, it barely looks like it could hold three plastic keepcases. Of course, this may just be a dummy picture for promotional purposes.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
That box looks like it could hold 4 slim cases though, which would get a huge :emoji_thumbsup: from me! As much as I love these Warners sets, they are tending to eat up a lot of space.

AlexHL

Stunt Coordinator
I'm afraid all promotional images of Warner boxsets look as slim as that Peckinpah-box. Here are some examples:

I wish they'd start using slimlines, though. Those keepcase-sets are taking up tons of space!

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
A clip from the remaster appears in "The Cutting Edge" on the Bullitt SE. It looks amazing, so this should be a huge improvement over the old DVD.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

You mean the one that came out in 1997? This one won't be a flipper, and I'd bet it'll offer superior visuals and a new anamorphic transfer - somehow I can't see WB re-releasing the old non-anamorphic version...

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
It means that this is Sam Peckinpah's intended version - just like the previous DVD. Adding the word "Original" is a bit misleading as Peckinpah's cut wasn't widely seen in 1969.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks