1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

SA-WM40 Subwoofer...is this a good price? Need answer fast!

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Richard Moya, Mar 27, 2003.

1. Richard Moya

Richard Moya Well-Known Member

Sears currently has it for 149.99. I this a good price?
    I think so because most online retailers have it for less but with shipping, it would work out to be more.
    I want to go pick it up at lunchtime......Please help!

2. ChadLB

ChadLB Well-Known Member

Cheapest i saw it at pricegrabber.com was 129.95 so it is a good price might not be the cheapest though.

3. Frank Carter

Frank Carter Well-Known Member

It's a good price. If you find it on the net cheaper, it'll come up to the same price(or more) w/shipping.

4. greg baker

greg baker Well-Known Member

That's a good price.

5. Richard Moya

Richard Moya Well-Known Member

Would you all consider this a step up from the Kenwood that comes with the HTB-503 system? Its a downfiring 8". Its been good to me, but I think this would sounds better. Unfortunately, there is no good way to demo it other than at home so I was hoping there is someone that has had both.

6. Frank Carter

Frank Carter Well-Known Member

Richard,

I think you could do much better if you sold the Kenwood for around $90-$100 and put the money you were gonna spend on the Sony towards a better sub.

For under $250 shipped you can get a refurb'd IL00s from ebay seller: harmanaudio. It has good output down to 25hz and excellent sound quality. It looks great too.

7. steve nn

steve nn Well-Known Member

Yes it is a good price and it is noticeably better than the Ken sub. I myself like Franks idea the best though. A little more work and hassle but the payoff would be nice. Sorry to deviate from your original question.