What's new

Russell Crowe objects to Joan Collins (1 Viewer)

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member
I just re-read both articles from IMDB. First of all, they are both poorly written.

Second, they don't cite any sources for their information. There are a lot of unnamed "spokesman" and/or "(put the name of organization here) source" floating around in the articles, which means in tabloid reporting, they are covering their ass.

Third, they make it sound like their reporters were actual eyewitness to the events in question, when they are probably just reporting second or third hand occurrences.

This is not journalism. This is grabbing the headlines by putting in a lot of sound bites reporting.

Now, these events might have actually happened but the degree of their seriousness and interpretation/misinterpretation definitely comes into question.

Reading these celebrity news from IMDB makes me think of a certain grocery store publication that has made a lot of money by exagerrating events in other people's lives.

That's why I stick with the likes of news reporting agencies such as Reuters and the Associated Press when getting my "celebrity news".

~Edwin

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
That's why I stick with the likes of news reporting agencies such as Reuters and the Associated Press when getting my "celebrity news".
Aw, come on, where's the fun in that? :)
Seriously, I have no clue if this is the real thing, it certainly seems like it could be made up. Then again, with Russell Crowe you never know.
/Mike

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
I'm just curious why any of the credible new sources aren't reporting this. It would seem they would jump all over this, since it seems to be a juicy story. Neither ET or Access Hollywood have reported on it, and since they report entertainment news, I would have expected they would. I don't watch them that often, but when it comes to reporting news, they usually have it right.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see if this is really true.

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Errrr... you're kidding right? What's to like?
Huh? I mean, I've not even heard anything much about Collins in years. Dunno why she should be such an annoyance to anyone. Can't think of any great movies she's ruined or whatever.

Guy_K

Second Unit
"Hot-headed Crowe was in a booze-fuelled nightclub brawl in Sydney two years ago, in which he bit a chunk out of a victim’s neck and spat it in his face."

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
holy shit, Guy! I better post that to all the internet forums I frequent.
:laugh:
Hasn't the Sun been sued about a dozens times, and lost about 10 lawsuits. They're always making this kind of stuff up. I'll have to wait for a credible news source. You know if it happened, it will eventually come out.

Charles Guajardo

Stunt Coordinator
no, guy, I was completely serious. I did cite you as the source of that story when I posted it everywhere, though. I had to assume that you witnessed Russell Crowe biting someone's neck off since I didn't notice any evidence backing up such a libelous claim.
oh, btw, I mean this in a completely sarcastic way:
:angry: :thumbsdown: ;)

Bill Huelbig

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Huelbig
Just my opinion here, but I think the STAR TREK episode Joan Collins starred in, "The City on the Edge of Forever", is more worthwhile than GLADIATOR and A BEAUTIFUL MIND put together.

--Bill

It's now being reported on CNN.com.
LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- A reported off-stage outburst by actor Russell Crowe after he won a British film award for "A Beautiful Mind" may have left bystanders wondering whether he was re-enacting his "Gladiator" role.
Angry at the way his acceptance speech was edited for British television on Sunday, Crowe shoved and cursed the producer of the British Academy Film Awards, Malcolm Gerrie, at a hotel where the after-show party was held that night, Daily Variety reported from London in its Wednesday edition.
Crowe was upset that his recital of a poem by Patrick Kavanagh was cut from the tape-delayed BBC broadcast of the BAFTA awards, Britain's equivalent of the Oscars, the entertainment trade paper said.
According to witness accounts, Variety said, Crowe pushed Gerrie up against the wall of a storage room in London's Grosvenor House Hotel and bellowed obscenities at him while his security men stood by.
"Who on Earth had the ... audacity to take out the best actor's poem?" Crowe was quoted as yelling at Gerrie. "I'll make sure you never work in Hollywood."
According to Variety, the incident arose because the show, which was taped, ran late by 30 minutes and editors had to choose between Crowe's speech and Warren Beatty's acceptance of his British Academy of Film & Television Arts fellowship. That decision was made by BBC executives and not Gerrie.
It's starting to look as if this wasn't just some sort of fabrication.
WiGgLe :D

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Well, that makes Russell typical. Sad, because I thought he was better (or smarter) than that. I have even defended him here.

"Who on Earth had the ... audacity to take out the best actor's poem?" Crowe was quoted as yelling at Gerrie. "I'll make sure you never work in Hollywood."
Russell apparently is taking everyone's (well, everyone around him) kissing of his arse as representative of his importance. He doesn't control Hollywood...the almighty dollar does. Any person who refers to themself as the "best actor" and claims that he'll "ruin" a career is a prick. I enjoyed the recent interviews with him, because I thought they showed a man who wouldn't compromise himself for the sake of Hollywood. To hear of him yelling such typical prima donna shite is almost tragic. It would be if he mattered at all. Hollywood will replace him one day with someone else.

Too bad,

Chuck

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks