What's new

Rush: "Snakes and Arrows" discussion (1 Viewer)

Brian L

Senior HTF Member

Thanks for this link......I was not having any luck searching Amazon for this. The CD came up, but I couldn't find the DVD to save my a**.

I put a pre-order in. I expect that the CD will be available pretty much everywhere, but maybe not the DVD.

Anyone notice this from the Amazon listing?

What Is MVI? With a higher storage capacity than a standard CD, the Music Video Interactive Disc (MVI) contains new interactive features including, superior sound quality, a wide range of video features, and interactive digital content. MVI discs plays in all standard DVD players, computers, and game consoles with DVD drives but do not play in conventional CD players. Digital music files are compatible with all MP3 devices.

I don't recall reading about MVI before.

Brian

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor
From the Amazon.com listing:

Please Note: This is a DVD-Audio disc which is playable on most DVD players as well as all DVD-Audio players. Click here for additional information regarding compatibility.

Hmmmmmmm.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I'll reserve judgment since it's just a 30 second clip heard by me only a few times...but I don't like it at this point. Which means I'll probably love it eventually.

Nathan Eddy

Second Unit
Sounds good so far. Lots of acoustic! I'm diggin' "Malignant Narcissism!"

It's hard to tell much from 30 second clips, but I was hoping for heavier, faster stuff. I do like the noodling that Alex does. I didn't hear anything from the drums that blew me away. But like I said, it's just 30 second clips. The melodies are nice, Ged's vocals are good. There seems to be lots of simultaneous vibrato in the bass and guitar lines--something a little different for Rush. And plenty of jangly guitar chords; Alex sounds like he's having fun.

[Edit: after listening a few more times, "Hope" is just beautiful. Wow. Haunting acoustic work by Alex. "The Main Monkey Business" is getting my hopes up for heavier stuff. About half-way through the clip (after Ged stops his "oohs" and "aahs") the riff almost sounds like some old Tool, slowed down a bit. I wish I could remember which song it reminds me of.

This CD is going to rock! Only 7 days left!]

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Agreed on 'Malignant Narcissism'. Is that one of the instrumentals? The other one that jumped out at me is 'The Way the Wind Blows'.

Nathan Eddy

Second Unit
Hmmm, of course I'd be interested in hearing it. I'm going to be buying both versions anyway (CD and DVD), so I wouldn't be cheating Rush out of any money. I would just feel bad supporting something that band would be against. When it comes to Rush, I'm very loyal.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I give them credit for being able to keep it under wraps as long as they did. Like Nathan, I will buy the CD regardless (in fact already have it on pre-order), but I have no issues with giving it a little "preview" before getting the real thing. That said, with the release date now so close, I might just wait.

Ah...who am I kidding?

Nathan Eddy

Second Unit
Yeah, Scott, my loyalty claim is probably just an excuse for my technological laziness. I've never downloaded any music. Ever. I don't know how. (I know, it's probably ridiculously easy.) I don't burn CDs. I don't own an MP3 player. I listen to music the old fasioned way: on my stereo. With only 6 days to go, my laziness is kicking in. I'm not going to learn all these skills just to do something I know my favorite band wouldn't approve of, when I can wait less than a week to have the real thing with zero effort.

kamyiu

Stunt Coordinator
it's very easy, and i don't even have to go to a store. that's zero effort. that said, tho, i'll probably end up buying it at some point since i have most everything else of theirs. i listened to it at work today and it was better than i thought it might be.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks