What's new

Running Wires Along Ceiling (1 Viewer)

BrianMe

Stunt Coordinator
I have just purchsed an Infocus 4805 FP. I don't see any easy ways to fish wire through the ceiling and down the wall. I'll need to run about 6-7 feet over to a wall, then down the wall to a rack. What have people used to make a clean installation of the wires like this? Pics please!

Brian

Frank Lee

Stunt Coordinator
Hi

I bought the exact same projector a few months ago. I love it. I mounted mine on the ceiling. Ideally I would've ran the cables above the ceiling and down the inside of the walls to the audio rack. Unfortunately that was going to be a ton of work because of the finished ceiling and the finished walls. Instead of that I bought some wire raceways from, the site sponsor, Cable organizer. After installing the race way the only thing you see is a small white raceway running from the projector to the front of the room. After it gets to the front of the room it is hidden behind a large curtan that covers the whole front wall. It looks good and the best part is I can change the wires without tearing out drywall. If you can't fish the wires through the wall this is the next best option.

Norris

Stunt Coordinator
I just installed the exact projector with a friend, and we did it slightly different. For sure running the cable inside the walls was just too much for us. Instead,we ran the component cable straight up to the bedroom above, under the carpet of the bedroom floor,then to the back of the audio rack, which is 15' away from the ceiling-hung projector. You can go under the carpet only, or under the foam padding as well. The 2nd route is easier on the feet. Good luck!

BrianMe

Stunt Coordinator
Upstairs rooms are hardwood, so that's not an option. I may try the wire track. Do you have a picture of the install?

Frank Lee

Stunt Coordinator
I have a few pictures, not directly on the raceway though. The pictures are a little grainy because all I have to take the pictures with is my camcorder. I can take some more if you want me to. Just send me your email address.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks