What's new

Running Wilde - season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Fox serves up another comedy at 9:30 p.m. EDT on Tuesday, featuring a rich guy looking to win the heart of his childhood sweetheart. Will Arnett and Keri Russell are the main leads.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Not great, but much better than I expected. The little girl narrator humanized what would otherwise turn out to be a pretty banal show. She's the best character on the show. How much you want to bet she turns out to be Wilde's daughter?

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I enjoyed it. Definitely some laugh out loud moments for me (which is hard to do). Perfect role for Arnett. I'm not ready to call it the next 'Arrested Development', but I liked what I saw.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I thought it was pretty bad so far personally. Maybe it's just I expected more from the talent involved though.

It's only the pilot, so I'll give it time, but Arnett is basically playing Gob Bluth here, except without the large ensemble cast. I'm not quite sure he can carry this on his own.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm having problems with the lack of chemistry between Stephen and Emmy. But I'm willing to give it a few more episodes.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Did everyone notice the "he made a huge mistake"? I believe it was said by the girl in the narration.

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
I thought it was pretty funny and had some of the same manic vibe of ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT which means it likely won't find its audience and again will be cancelled too soon. Oh well. :) I liked the overall show. I saw the GOB Bluth too but he was still perfect for the role. He isn't quite as deranged as GOB and not nearly as stupid but he is more narcissistic, that's for sure. I love the competition with the neighbor and thought the scene with the neighbor trying to play Doctor was great. Their flubbing of lines was a hoot. I need some absurd comedy and this did it. Will keep it on the DVR and see how it rolls.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think this last episode was the funniest because all the actors aren't self-conscious anymore and are just going with the flow script-wise.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
According to a Will Arnett tweet, we might not be getting anymore episodes of Running Wilde after this week if ratings don't improve.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm somewhat surprised, just because Fox has given "Raising Hope" a full-season pickup and doesn't really seem to have any other half-hour programming to slip in there to round out the hour. I can't imagine the affiliates would relish having repeats usher in their 10 PM news every Tuesday.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Pretty much everything Arnett said in the last episode made me laugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks