1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

running in-wall speaker cable to two wall plates?

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by Shayne Lebrun, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Shayne Lebrun

Shayne Lebrun Well-Known Member

I have a section of my basement all nice and studded, destined to be a home theater.

Before we put in the drywall, of course, I want to run the cables; speaker, cat 5, and so on.

Now, the trick is, in the short term, I'm going to want my receiver in one spot, and later on, when I get a projector, in another spot.

So, what I'm wondering is, how terrible will it be if I run two sets of speaker cable from each wallplate at the speaker locations, to two seperate wall plates for the connection to the receiver?

2. king

king Well-Known Member

Well I guess it depends on how soon you plan on getting that projector. If I knew a projector was going in soon, it wouldn't really bother me to have speaker wires running along the floor, rather than do all that un-necessary wiring through the walls and put in wall plates which won't be used later...