What's new

Runco Idp-980 Ultra Fp (1 Viewer)

JoanPablo_T

Stunt Coordinator
So,

I have the opportunity to get my hands on this unit rather cheap. And wanted to get any opinions on the piece. I did contact Runco and got the spec sheet. It will handle 1080i/8" CRT Guns/ 4:3, 1:85, 2:35 aspect ratios. Any info or experiance anyone can share would be appreciated!

Thanks!

JP

Bill Lucas

Supporting Actor
I believe it's based on an NEC chassis. If the CRTs are in good shape you'll get an image to die for. Good luck.

JoanPablo_T

Stunt Coordinator
I hope the CRT's are in good shape! It is actually being auctioned off from the company I work for. So I am hoping not many people know how good it is!

Thanks!

JP

Mike Hamilton

Stunt Coordinator
7" CRTs, not 8" (Runco is still a bit red faced about that).
It will need to be driven by a scalar to produce the image to die for, and should be set up by someone familiar with that chassis, as it is not for the novice.
If it is in nice shape, you are in for a treat, if the price is not too high.
I see that you are in Massachussetts; get in touch with Jim Doolittle...that will be the image to die and kill for!

JoanPablo_T

Stunt Coordinator
Mike , Thanks for the info! They are 8" CRTS. Hopefully it will go for less than $1000

JP

-Thanks for Jim's name as well!

Bill Lucas

Supporting Actor
JP,

Mike is correct, they are 7" CRTs. NEC built and sold the projectors with 7" CRTs. Runco sourced the projectors from NEC, used the SAME parts, and billed them as 8" CRTs. They did make changes to the projector but they used the stock CRTs.

JoanPablo_T

Stunt Coordinator
Wow! that is interesting! thank you both! I appreciate the info. I will let you guys know hoe I make out this monday!

wish me luck!

JP

Mike Hamilton

Stunt Coordinator
JoanPablo_T,
I am the Runco Southwest Field Tech, so this isn't the first time this has been discussed! ;)

JoanPablo_T

Stunt Coordinator
Mike thank you very much!

I appreciate the info, and it's a pleasure to meet you!

JP

The auction is this morning, and I hope I can get it at a good price :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks