What's new

Rumour of possible Predator "re-start" (1 Viewer)

Kachi Khatri

Second Unit
Real Name
Jay
Predator Scoop

Latino Review Reports:

Without getting my own ass in trouble, here's a smallish bit of news. Twentieth Century Fox are in talks with Johnny McTiernan to do a new Predator film - not a sequel, not a remake, not a prequel; more of a restart. There's talk - based on a treatment that's floating around the traps - that it might fix on Dutch's (the guy from the first film, Arnie played) grown-up commando kid.

John Cena's (one of Vince McMahon's kids) name has been branded about for the lead - but it's early days. They apparently want to coax JMT away from The Thomas Crown Affair sequel, have offered him this hoping it'll do trick.

What is this...following the footsteps similar of Batman restart? Even if they get the original director. Yet why remake such a fantastic film?

"If it bleeds, we can remake it."..."We're all gonna die."

stephen la

Stunt Coordinator
I guess after AVP
they need a restart to forget avp ever happened..
sort of like batman did after georg clooney

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Hopefully this is JUST a rumor and it will never see the light of day. If not, let's cross our fingers that John McTiernan will have enough sense to steer WAY clear such an idiotic idea. Predator is a fantastic piece of filmmaking and he should leave his involvement at that. Signing onto some lame Hollywood project to "re-start" (apparently the latest synonym in L.A. for creative vacuum) the "franchise" to "leverage the brand-name" yada-yada-yada would be a big mistake. Let it be John.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member

I don't get it. If it's going to be about Dutch's kid, that just makes it a sequel, not a "restart" or whatever.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
I also dont understand this. Why not just make a sequel to Predator 2 ? There's nothing that needs restarting. Its not like they need to use the same cast. Not sure where they could go with this anyway...

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
If it's going to be a "Restart" shouldn't that sever all ties to any previous Predator Fims?

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I always thought they should do a period piece showing the things hunting guys in Vietnam or WW2 (The Philippines or Africa) or The Old West etc. etc. The first two films were set up with this "they've been coming hear a long time" idea so I think it would be cool to follow through with that and show some stories from the past.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I agree with Kevin. A smart script(s) could really play with that concept and make a great film or series of films.

The WWII idea (Phillipines, Iwo, etc) would be a GREAT film if done right. This idea is not a reimagining, or restart...it's a reTREAD.

By the by, one of the best Predator stories I ever read was when a Predator came to Gotham City. Sounds like a cheesy crossover, but it was extremely well-done, gritty and realistic.

Take care,
Chuck

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks