1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Rumored Spandau Ballet reunion....if the Eagles and VH can do it, why not?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Danny Tse, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

I initially came across this bit of news on the band's entry at wikipedia, which linked to the following article....

2. SD_Brian

SD_Brian Supporting Actor

uh-uh-uh-huh-huh...I hope this much is true.

Actually, I'm fairly indifferent, I just wanted to be the first one to make the obvious quip [​IMG]

3. Brian Perry

Brian Perry Screenwriter

Because they weren't one-hit wonders?

4. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim
    Spandau Ballet weren't one-hit wonders either, even if they were bigger in the UK and Europe than they ever managed in the US. Between "True", "Gold" and "Through The Barricades" that's three reasonably big hits even in the US (they had plenty more in the UK).

I for one would be pleased if they managed to get back together, growing up they were my favourite band and I still listen to their stuff.

The lawsuit years ago wouldn't have helped, but none of them has done particularly well on his own since; Tony embarrasingly won that reality show for failed has-been stars, the Kemps moved into acting, with Martin doing reasonably well, whilst Gary being the songwriter I guess was the most flush anyway with his songwriting royalties (which was the subject matter of the lawsuit), but I don't think any of them are really flush nowadays. Which is always the best motivator for a reunion, yes?