What's new

Rumor: Open Range, Count of Monte Cristo, Dead Poets Society & more this Fall (1 Viewer)

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
From Blu-News.com - News

6/24/08 Disney Blu-ray Plans For This Fall Sneak Peak:

September 9th:
Greny's Anatomy: The Complete 4th Season
Kill Bill: Volume 1
Kill Bill: Volume 2

September TBA:
The Alamo
Open Range
Mimic
Under the Tuscan Sun

October 17th:
Sleeping Beauty

October:
Cool Runnings
Dead Poet's Society
The Count Of Monte Cristo
The Diving Bell And The Butterfly
Cold Mountain

November:
The Cheetah Girls 3: One World

Of course more titles will be coming, just no official word yet.

I'll definitely pick up Open Range (lossless audio on this should be stunning), and Count of Monte Cristo is a fun film I'll consider double dipping on, too.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
I'm definitely down for Kill Bill: Volume 1, Kill Bill: Volume 2, and Sleeping Beauty. I may pickup Open Range, or I may rent it, as I haven't seen it yet. My father-in-law keeps telling me great things about it. I keep telling him I'll wait to see it in high-def, and he keeps thinking I'm nuts. ;)

Dead Poet's Society is one of my wife's favorites, so I see a potential holiday present in the making there. I'll have to politely disagree with your enthusiasm over The Count of Monte Cristo however. This is another movie where, if I wasn't so in love with the book, I probably wouldn't have been so hard on it, but it really differs too much for my tastes.

Also, I think I am misremembering, but was Cold Mountain's DVD transfer plagued with the same issues as Gangs of New York's?

DanMel

Second Unit
Open Range is on my list to complete the Robert Duvall western trilogy with Broken Trail and Lonsome Dove having already both been released on Blu-ray at that time. Another modern western that I hope gets released soon would be Tombstone.

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
September, September, September... This Fall, This Fall, This Fall...

How about a little bit more between now and then?

I know, I'm being a jackass, but I just had to say it.

And I know...this is a typically slow time of the year...but good grief! Isn't that little nugget of wisdom on par with "You can't wear white after Labor Day."? After all, they're just months with names attached. Do studios think the average person can afford that many titles coming out in one big woosh? And we're nowhere near done with the announcements.

I know, it's conventional wisdom. It's marketing wisdom. But I'm a rock thrower by family lineage, so there.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
anyone else picking up
Greny's Anatomy: The Complete 4th Season?

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

Do yourself a favor and just get Open Range. Its one of the best westerns I've ever seen old or new!

Can't wait to own it!

Doug

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

I'm with you there. I'd love to see Tombstone on blu-ray. In fact if Disney were smart they would release Tombstone and Open Range on the same day and do a little western advertising synergy thingy.

Doug

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Dead Poet's Society is a great film and I will gladly pick that up. The remastered SD DVD was pretty good, so that's encouraging for the BD release.

I'm also looking forward to Kill Bill I and II. These looked quite good on HD TNT and should be worlds better than the poor SD DVD transfers.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Holy crap- Mimic would be great. I know Guillermo Del Toro had a sweet SE planned (I saw the mockup) in 2005, then the Miramax/Weinstein split put the kibosh on that.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Several favourites of mine.

But giving the current DNR fiasco, even with Disney, I'll wait pre-ordering any title until I've read some trustworthy (!) reviews.

Cees

LCD22

Screenwriter
I had heard that Dead Poets Society might be coming to Blu-ray this fall, so I'd be interested in this one. I do hope that the original theatrical trailer will find its way over from the Special Edition DVD to the Blu-ray release in 1080p. I'm still disappointed in Buena Vista for not including the trailer for Crimson Tide in 1080p.

The fourth season of "Lost" I'll most likely get on release day if they include the mobisodes.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Open Range would be great. Hope it pans out since there's no date associated with it, nor an announcement.

Nothing else on the list really gets me all that excited except for the Kill Bills and Beauty, but I already knew about those.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Are you talking about Disney, or BD in general being slow this time of year? Because July will be the largest release month for BD, with (by my count) 67 releases. August will have at least 44 titles, September will have at least 50, and October will have at least 45, with all of those months having titles still being announced.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, I wasn't going to say anything, but I have at least 13 releases on pre-order between now and September, with another 4 or so in my Want List. I'm having a hard enough time keeping up with the releases as it is. :laugh:

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
The four titles I'll be picking up on street day...

Open Range
Sleeping Beauty
The Count Of Monte Cristo
Cold Mountain

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks