What's new

rumor: Box of Baz Luhrmann SEs coming from Fox! Incl. R+J, Strictly Ballroom! (1 Viewer)

Guy Martin

Second Unit
from Darkhorizons.com:
Red Carpet Trilogy (DVD): Baz Luhrmann fans get read to explode in orgasmic frenzy. He and FOX have announced a major
release for November - "The Red Carpet Trilogy". The box-set contains brand new single disc "Special Editions" of Luhrmann's "Strictly
Ballroom" and "Romeo + Juliet", plus a 2-disc 'Special Edition' of "Moulin Rouge". More details as they arrive
If true this is great news. I was looking forward to Moulin Rouge, but to have Fox go back and redo R+J is a dream come true (anamorphic please!) and an SE of Strictly Ballroom. If this is true, they've got a guaranteed buy from me!
- Guy

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I am drooling. Darkhorizons are pretty good about their rumors, so I am anxiously awaiting this set. I don't think you have to worry about enhancement with Fox anymore. I've been hoping for a new R+J for some time now.
Bruce
------------------
mstprev.gif

Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

Adrian_P

Stunt Coordinator
I am really hoping that this turns out to be true. I have always wanted Strictly Ballroom on DVD. Romeo and Juliet was in need of a Special Edition. And well can't wait for Moulin Rouge!

John Torrez

Second Unit
Do you know if those titles will be available seperately?
------------------
"They're all gonna laugh at you!"

Paul Wu

Stunt Coordinator
I waiting for more details on Strickly Ballroom.
------------------
Paul Wu
"There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count and those that can't."
Anyone in the Vancouver, BC area interested in meeting up? If so, click here.

CamiloCamacho

Stunt Coordinator
We are in the middle of october, someone heard a little more about this great box (details on the remastered r+j, extras?). Any?

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
There was no mention of this when we visited Fox in LA last monht- although we did see a fair amount of stuff from the upcoming Moulin Rouge DVD.
Although Peter didn't mention any info about a boxed set- he did have quite a few small anecdotes about Baz Luhrmann that led me to believe he had the opportunity to work closely with him. I would say it's possible something is in the works (According to Peter, Baz seemed to really like the things DVD could offer)... I'd just be suprised to hear November since that's a month away, and no announcement yet.
-Vince
------------------
http://www.musicianassist.com
AIM: VinceMaskeeper
Anyone wanna sell me their palm pilot?? Click here

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
Actually, Vince, I spoke with Peter Staddon about this. He confirmed that there will be a boxed set of all three films, but it won't be out until some time next year. STRICTLY BALLROOM is a Miramax release and they won't have the DVD ready for release this year.
-greg

Joel C

Screenwriter
Does that mean a delay on the release of R+J as well? Or will we see that in December?
I hope this isn't a "Nixon: SE" situation, where we won't be able to get Strictly Ballroom seperately. Because I don't want to wait for MR.
------------------
Joel
[email protected]
"I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech."
digitallyOBSESSED

Angsty

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
According to the R4 rumour list, the Red Carpet Trilogy box set has a tentative release date of April 10, 2002.
Finally, R4 will get Strictly Ballroom on DVD!!
Angela :)

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
That's all well and good, except Strictly Ballroom is a Miramax release. How will that work?
Probably a lot like the Oliver Stone and Stanley Kubrick box sets. Although the majority of releases were by Warner Bros., there were a few films from companies like Universal, Buena Vista, Columbia, etc.

Larry Bevil

Second Unit
Well, I already have Moulin Rouge on DVD. But, I definitely want Strictly Ballroom on DVD as a separate issue. I would not buy the box set at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks