What's new

Route 66, Season 1, Volume 2 coming Feb. 5, 2008 (1 Viewer)

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
Note to Moderators: I tried posting a message in the "Best of Route 66" thread but the message was not accepted; there appears to be some sort of problem with that thread (note duplicated posts).

Anyhow, Amazon.com is showing a February 5th release date for season 1, volume 2 of "Route 66." This is just a little over three months since the first release and suggests that sales of volume 1 were strong. An initial online report suggested that we might see volume 2 by Christmas, but this isn't too far off. Not much in the way of details at Amazon, other than it will once again be a four disc set.

http://www.amazon.com/Route-66-Seaso...7294321&sr=1-2

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

Thanks for that update, Bob. I wish that Paramount would speed up their split season releases like Roxbury is doing with ROUTE 66. It's a killer waiting so long between releases on things like THE FUGITIVE, RAWHIDE, and PERRY MASON.

I'd suggest that perhaps this quick turnaround was more of a pre-determined schedule rather than the result of brisk sales. That's not to say the first set didn't do well. I'm absolutely sure that it did. But I'm just betting that Roxbury is committed to the entire run and that we will see this type of turnaround with each set regardless of sales. I could be wrong, but I get the impression that this series will follow other series where the company was committed to the entire run, ala COMBAT, THE DICK VAN DYKE SHOW, and DANIEL BOONE. With each of those series the company in charge made a clear choice to release the entire run up front, and as a result we got quick turnarounds on releases. I'm thinking the same thing will hold true with ROUTE 66 here.

Gary "and that's always good news for a fan of any series - this is where having smaller companies pick shows up can be a good thing for consumers" O.

Elena S

Supporting Actor
Despite the disappointing quality I'll still pick it up for the guest stars.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
I had the same problem with the previous thread as Bob Hug did.

I definitely will be picking up the next volume despite the poor pq in hopes that the first release was a foul-up of some kind - I hope they corrected the issue.

Glad this series is continuing.

Hank Dearborn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hank
I spoke to someone there and they are looking into correcting the cut episode from the first set. Perhaps when they find a complete version they will include it on a future set. In any event, I am looking forward to getting the whole run. That's over 100 hours of transfer time I don't have to put in.

chas speed

Second Unit
Real Name
jeff
The quick turn around probably is because all that Roxbury has to do is find the worst 16mm prints they can get their hands on and dub them to DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks