What's new

Rotel rsx1056 to Marantz sr7002/8002? (1 Viewer)

Ricky c

Stunt Coordinator
i may have asked before but would really like to get some opinions to get me over the fence.I have an opportunity to get either a 7002 or 8002 for a significant price.7002 for 980. the 8002 for 1,400.So i may be selling my rotel.I have a tosh hd player that is connected via dig. because analogs are taken up by my universal which i dont want to sacrifice.My display only has 1 hdmi.I'm assumng that with either marantz both which have significant more power than the rotel i could save my universal via analog and also take advantage of the new hd formats via hdmi.I do plan on getting a blue ray player later on.My speakers are 4ohm but 90db.I also have an hd dvr which is via component.I use my rec for video switching,very convenient for the family.I'm guessing that i could connect everything via the marantz to the 1 hdmi of my display to continue the switching via the rec.My question at last is if you were me would you think selling the rotel to get either marantz would be an obvious choice,and if so which one the 7002 for an extra amount move to the 8002 whih has the toroidal transformer.Hope you guys understand my long post,its that this is a big decision for me which is going to last a while.thanks

Greg Kolinski

Second Unit
I am thinking of doing the same thing with my 1055 Rotel,and get an upper end Marantz.I really like the Rotel ,and would like to stay with their gear,but they are getting so far behind on the lastest High def dolby and DTS .I dont look to see Rotel getting caught up for at least a year.When I get a high def DVD player,I want a reciever/processor that has the latest sound technology.and the Marantz has all the latest stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks