What's new

Rotel RSX-1057 will not produce sound from AppleTV (1 Viewer)

Jason Costello

Auditioning
I have the AppleTV connected to HDMI Input 2 and an optical cable to Digital Audio Input 2. No sound comes out of the receiver. I'm wondering if the remote is non-functioning as I get a lot of "No Data" messages after pushing buttons and the remote won't turn the receiver on or off. I'm trying to get to the On Screen Menu (I know I can't get to it over the HDMI connection, tried composite) but with no luck. There doesn't seem to be a way to get the OSM from the front panel to try and associate Dig Audio 2 with HDMI 2. Am I missing something obvious? Do I just have a bum remote?

Jason Costello

Auditioning
Forgive if this is a stupid question, but I scoured the manual I have and have found no mention of an "AVR mode". What is it and how may I enable it? Thank you.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I'm assuming(cause I haven't found a picture of the remote anywhere) it has a slide on it to switch to TV, VCR or whatever else. Maybe it is the mode buttons itself(like an Onkyo/Integra remote).

Are you sure it is "in" AVR mode(whatever it is on that remote)?

Jason Costello

Auditioning
Here is a pic of the remote. It is the one on the right labelled "substitute". The manual is here. The pictures on pg's 7-9 in the manual somewhat detail what I have setup. The pics don't show any HDMI in's or out's, but my 1057 has 2 Inputs and 1 Output.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Based in the pic...make sure you press "tuner" before you press anything else. Tuner resets the remote as "AVR"(Technics, JVC, B&K and Kenwood remotes work in that fashion)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I was slightly "wrong"...

It isn't "tuner" that makes it run the AVR. It is "AUD".

Read, and understand, page 21 of the manual. (it is kinda stoopid that AUD controls the AVR and TUN just does "whatever it does"...as they coulda/shoulda combined AUD with TUN)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks