What's new

Rotel Amp RB-956AX 300W Amp (1 Viewer)

brian tees

Grip
Acurus 100X3 Amp
100W x 3 channels
MSRP = $900 purchased
Unit has a small scratch on the back fins (pictured) and the bulb indicating power has burned out. Performance-wise the Amp is in excellent condition and works flawlessly.
One owner with original box, manual & power cord.
$325 shipped

Pic #1 Pic #2 Pic #3 Pic #4

Adcom GTP-500 Surround Sound Tuner/PreAmp
Great processor/preamp. Take a look at the owner's manual for complete info.
This was used with the Acurus Amp listed above until both were replaced this past Christmas with an all-in-one Onkyo receiver. The unit has one small scratch on the back (pictured) but works flawlessly.
One owner with original box, manual & remote.
$175 shipped

Pic #1 Pic #2 Pic #3

Please let me know if you have any questions.

-brian

Heatware References
ebay feedback

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Brian,

Wish I had the cash, but have you thought about using the amp to power the front or rear soundstage? Thus freeing up the 595 internal amps?

Kevin

brian tees

Grip
Kevin,

I've thought about doing that or just holding onto the amp for future use, but I could use the money and the amp has just been sitting in my closet since I hooked up the Onkyo 595, which has more than enough power for my needs.

-brian

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
Guys if you need an amp for those bass shakers and maybe a few extra pairs of speakers for(outside,garage,wherever)
In non-bridged stereo mode this amp can be a six channel amp, in bridge mode it can be a five,four or three channel amp as stated on page 2 of the users manual.
This is a very versatile amp that can handle a 4 ohm load in stereo mode.
Rotel made modifications to this amp in production that increased the output power by 10watts in both modes. Those amps that include these upgrade improvements included a single sheet addendum.
Even without this sheet, I'm sure a phone call with the SN# would get you an answer from Rotel.
The non-modified users manual can be found here:
http://www.rotel.com/support/pdfs/manuals/rb956AX.pdf
Nice amp when used in the right applications,
Yep I have one.

brian tees

Grip
Thank you very much Jerry for the information and the excellent review.

This is one of the amps that has the extra 10W, I still have that piece of paper somewhere at home. I'll be glad to post the serial number if anyone is interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks