What's new

Roseanne (1 Viewer)

RoryR

Stunt Coordinator
As I understand it, it is Anchor Bay who are choosing not to release uncut episodes of Season 1 - I understand it wasn't their intent to release cut episodes, but since an Australian company has released uncut Season 1 - Anchor Bay must be able to do that aswell - so they're choosing not to?

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I'd rather Anchor Bay wait until season 9 comes out before revisiting season 1.

IMO, the first season of Roseanne is very weak (even compared to the latter seasons) and feels more like a white Cosby Show than Roseanne. The first two seasons were weak compared to the later years because Roseanne wasn't even in charge of her own show back then

RoryR

Stunt Coordinator
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roseann...)#DVD_Releases

"It is worth noticing that the region 4 season one set released in Australia was produced by another company - Magna Pacific, and unlike the region 1 and 2 sets, it does actually feature non-syndicated, full length episodes.".

The Australian releases feature almost same cover art and special features (since they were produced/owned by Carsey Werner).

They also got Cosby.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Well if they ever re-release season 1 uncut, I'll definitely re-buy it. I'd also prefer they wait until season 9 is out before doing so. It'd be great if a promotional offer was made, whereas those with existing season 1 sets could get the unedited version at a discounted price.

MichaelFA

Stunt Coordinator
This isn't related to Season 1, but why wasn't Season 6 released in stores? I looked everywhere and couldn't even find a copy... I had to order it from online.

Did anyone else have that problem?

John*P

Second Unit

Season 6 WAS released in stores... it's just hard to find in some areas, I guess. Neither Target, Wal*Mart, K-Mart or F.Y.E. in my area had it. I got my copy at Best Buy, but it was with some DVDs way in the back of the store, away from the regular TV-DVD section. (I almost left without it, as I thought they didn't have it)

The last few seasons of Roseanne have definitely been harder to find in my area. Everyone around here carried seasons 1-3, but starting with the 4th set, availability has been pretty sparse.

I don't even think the Roseanne DVD sets are advertised in the sales flyers anymore...

David*W

Agent
Just to return to the subject of the Australian season 1 of Roseanne having uncut episodes. I don't always trust the word of wikipedia, does anyone here have and confirm the truth of this? Becuase if it's uncut I'm ordering now!

RoryR

Stunt Coordinator
I e-mailed the company releasing it, Magna Pacific, and was told the episodes are uncut - but as of yet, have not purchased it.

At price it costs, with currency conversion, its a steal for both Brits and Americans - Australia must have damn low taxes.

David*W

Agent
Well no, people ordering an australian DVD from outside of Australia won't have to pay the Australian sales tax. So it would probably be cheaper even with shipping costs for anyone outside of Australia than it would be for someone who lives there.

The same applies with the UK, anyone who orders a UK DVD from another country will pay 17.5% less because they won't have to pay the UK sales tax.

John*P

Second Unit
I really wish Anchor Bay would rerelease Season 1 after Season 9 is released. This is bar none my favorite sitcom of all time, and it would be a shame to always have an incomplete Season 1... (a year which I really enjoyed)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks