1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Rope Lighting in ceiling moulding question

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Bill Fletcher, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Bill Fletcher

Bill Fletcher Well-Known Member

For those that haved put rope lighting in their ceiling moulding - Did you run it in the moulding section above your screen/TV as well, or is that distracting when it's on?

Thanks. Bill

2. David Noll

David Noll Well-Known Member

Bill,

I did not run it above my screen. I have a curved ceiling soffit above screen and had a hard time finding flexible molding to match the straight molding at the sides and rear of theater. I do have rope lights along the sides of my screen but they are far enough away and behind pillars so they are not distracting. See my link below for some pictures.

David

3. Bill Fletcher

Bill Fletcher Well-Known Member

Thanks David. Love your theater pictures. Mine will look very similar to yours. I don't have the soffit though. Do you think I will have a problem bending the rope lighting around the columns?

Thanks. Bill

4. David Noll

David Noll Well-Known Member

I have no problem with 90 degree bends in my theater. I did not fasten my rope to anything. Columns shouldn't pose a problem. You could use the U-shape fasteners that come with rope to keep it straight when going around columns.

David

5. Christo Ramo

Christo Ramo Well-Known Member

I have rope lights and I actually angled my moldings in such a way that the rope light could lay behing it. Looks pretty good if I don't say so myself - LOL!