What's new

Rope Lighting in ceiling moulding question (1 Viewer)

Bill Fletcher

Stunt Coordinator
For those that haved put rope lighting in their ceiling moulding - Did you run it in the moulding section above your screen/TV as well, or is that distracting when it's on?

Thanks. Bill

David Noll

Stunt Coordinator
Bill,

I did not run it above my screen. I have a curved ceiling soffit above screen and had a hard time finding flexible molding to match the straight molding at the sides and rear of theater. I do have rope lights along the sides of my screen but they are far enough away and behind pillars so they are not distracting. See my link below for some pictures.

David

Bill Fletcher

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks David. Love your theater pictures. Mine will look very similar to yours. I don't have the soffit though. Do you think I will have a problem bending the rope lighting around the columns?

Thanks. Bill

David Noll

Stunt Coordinator
I have no problem with 90 degree bends in my theater. I did not fasten my rope to anything. Columns shouldn't pose a problem. You could use the U-shape fasteners that come with rope to keep it straight when going around columns.

David

Christo Ramo

Stunt Coordinator
I have rope lights and I actually angled my moldings in such a way that the rope light could lay behing it. Looks pretty good if I don't say so myself - LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks