What's new

Ron-P and other beer lovers: Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
The Smart & Final store near my house is stocking cases of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Is it not my understanding, Ron (and other beerheads), that you have a high opinion of this brew? It was mentioned in your "Let's Talk Beer" superthread a bit.

Please advise, because I can't take much more of this watery, low-potency stuff from Tecate, and I'm not in the mood for so full-bodied a beer as Pacifico.

Thinking of picking up a case tonight if I get a response to this post soon enough.

My pleasure is entirely dependent on a timely response.

Thank you, sir.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Pick it up Jack. It is a very good, full bodied Pale Ale with a good hop flavor with balanced malts, slightly on the sweet side finishing clean with a slight (mild) bitterness.

Do you happen to know the price? There is a S&F across the street from my house, I may just have to swing in.

Peace Out~:D

Tim Morton

Stunt Coordinator
Great beer!!!!!!One of the best...we pay about 9 bucks a six for it out here in vermont. But since The Atkins diet i am learning to LOVE the new michalob low carb beer (':angry:')..so lets not talk to badly of tecate!!!*LOL*

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor
Let me add to the chorus...Don't get it much up here, but had my first taste in Tarrytown NY a few years ago and thoroughly enjoy it. Has an excellent sharp after taste and as Ron mentioned nicely hoppy.

I expect you've already picked it up given the responses, so what do you think? Regular rotation?

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
Another great seasonal brew from the same company would be known as Sierra Nevada "Celebration Ale". I believe you can find it in the Autumn. Pale Ale is good in my opinion, also.

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
It's one of my favorite Pale Ales. Second only to Harpoon IPA from Boston. It boggles my mind how expensive it is in New England. I paid $10.99 for a 12 pk of Newcastle and $12.99 for Mackeson triple Stout and Sierra was $13.99. I still pay it because it's a great beer.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
It is excellent, but often very pricey.

If you like it and would like a lower cost alternative look for Red Hook IPA, another fine example of a Pale Ale. I like the Red Hook ESB even better.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Jack, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a very popular beer among even the most discriminating palates (see Michael Jackson (not the performer). Although its popularity has risen, the quality has not dropped off.

This brew, is suprisingly a solid medium bodied brew, with hints of citrus and a generous hop snap. It accompanies just about every style of dish, like most pales & IPA's can. Instead of a Corona , fire up a SNPA with your favorite mexican meal. You'll see what the hype is about. Simple, clean and a bit complex for a Pale Ale in IPA clothing.
A little value tip, Rite Aid carries SNPA , and varies in price there from $11.99 to as low as $8.99 a 12/pk. This is the cheapest I have found it. It is a wonderful fallback brew, when funds are low or you need to satisfy more than one palate. A highly respected brew in the taster community as well as the hophead cult.

note: this is a bottle-conditioned brew! it can contain bits of yeast (yummy!) and vary slightly bottle to bottle. Do not drink from bottle! Use a nice open pint glass. Enjoy!

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale has been my 'regular' beer for years. I always have some in the fridge. An excellent Pale Ale.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Thank you so much, people. Due to circumstances I didn't stop by S&F last night. But I will do so tonight. I won't be able to give a report until another day, though, as S&F stocks its beer out in the open; it isn't refigerated. Since it's a crime against nature to put beer in a freezer for a quick chill, I want to do this right and give the stuff a few hours before opening a bottle.

I am really looking forward to this elixer!

Thanks, all!

DanMarquardt

Agent
did you know that the brewer for sierra nevada was originally a homebrewer in the san fernando valley? he was a member of the maltese falcons. (if memory serves me correctly)

an amazing beer. almost the defacto standard in San Francisco (since it's made in Chico)

DougKuhn

Stunt Coordinator
Can't go wrong with it! Is my favorite of all Pales Ales...backed up by Harpoon, Victory Hop Devil, etc, etc...

Users who are viewing this thread