What's new

Romancing the Stone: SE - 08/29 (1 Viewer)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
As per DavisDVD. Jewel of the Nile: SE also available. Both anamorphic widescreen and 5.1, both with many deleted scenes and featurettes, and JOTN gets a commentary track (as opposed to one by Zemeckis on RTS).

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
super!...the original dvd releases are terrible; at least on a good display, and sound, well....terrible to!...looking forward to buying these and glad I already the former.

John*D

Second Unit
I saw this over there too! Great news.

Been holding off b/c I've been expecting SE's...

Marko Berg

Supporting Actor
Excellent, I'll get both. I've been putting off acquiring the current releases because they were not anamorphic. It'll be nice to get some extras too.

jim.vaccaro

Second Unit
Fantastic! Now, can we get that other Michael Douglas film, namely "Black Rain" in anamorphic DVD too? :)

andySu

Senior HTF Member
WOW, the previous releases on region 2 DVD UK, where just Dolby Stereo 4:2:4, now that’s good news, I wonder if the surrounds will be in “splits” or just monaural?

andySu

Senior HTF Member

"Black Rain" was filmed in “Super 35mm” and released in 2.35:1 scope, I took my copy of it back to “Our Price” record stores the same day! believing the surrounds where at fault, whoops, that’s how the mixed them, the surrounds only become "active" in certain parts in the film, that’s the deal with 70mm six-track Dolby Stereo discrete!

So if they are going to re-release “Black Rain” 1989, I’ll be buying a copy, nominated for best sound!

Frank@N

Screenwriter
Just got back from CC where both movies can be had for $20 total (apparently the boxset is $24?).

Very impressed with the packaging, the slipcovers are very nice and the present of a multi-page booklet is almost unheard of nowadays.

Very nice...hope the discs are equally well done.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I'm the dork who'll pick the new edition up and still hold onto the original release just to have the darn theatrical trailer. Why do so many studios drop those!?

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
What is the practice or method used in creating the slipcover called? I'm talking about having glossy parts on an otherwise matte cardboard?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks