What's new

Rohmer in Canada, where is Tales of Springtime? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I discovered this MGM release by chance on Amazon.com but none of the regular Canadian etaillers have it listed. I was thinking of picking this and Pauline at the Beach up, but don't want to order from the US.

Any other Rohmer up here that I'm missing, or stuff that is being reissued in better versions than the Fox Lorber stuff? I'm primarily interested in his series works.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Yes, you probably want to wait. New editions are being released in France that include a bit of extra material and several of Rohmer's short films. The Moral Tales box set will be the first release. I imagine these releases will eventually get ported to England and hopefully the US as well, just like the Truffaut box.

A few of his films still remain unreleased, like Four Adventures of Reinette & Mirabelle, and a few more don't have a release with English subtitles, like Autumn Tale.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Thanks Brook. I have three of the original FL releases of the Moral Tales, but would like to complete the "Seasons" set for a start. I guess I'll just hang on and see what comes up. It's too bad MGM isn't doing anamorphic transfers of their 1.66 films.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks