What's new

Rogue Squadron 3-is anyone going to bother? (1 Viewer)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Whether or not you can play rogue squad 2 in single player isn't a big deal to me
To you of course its not since you own the original. I'm clarifying what exactly is present and not in this game for a reason.

It's for folks like Matty who may think they do not need to bother with the previous game as incorrect information would lead them to believe they are getting a "complete" package of both games with RSIII. Which is not true.

I do however share your sentiment that is great addition to have the original levels via co-op play.

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
I'm picking this up regardless of who says what. I liked the 1st two - I'll like this one.

Besides - I Really Really want that bouns disc.
I'm having dreams of playing the Atari Star Wars on my home theatre :D

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
Official Street date for the Demo Disc is Sept 3rd, according to GameStop (and Best Buy and Hastings. Yes, it is bundled like the Ocarina of Time disc.

I can't wait to pick up this demo and RS3- like mentioned above, they are accompaniments to the movies, not original stories. In that vein, they are great and it's why I have all versions of this series. It's great to be able to play Rogue Leader, Bounty Hunter, etc on our family's Gamecube and KOTOR, Obi Wan on MY Xbox in my home theater. I like the options.

Matt

NickC

Second Unit
Thanks for clearing up any confusion I might have created romier :)

I thought it was both single and multi at first, but now it appears as only the mutliversion is available.

Matty P

Stunt Coordinator
Just called my local Gamestop and found out the bonus discs have arrived! I'm grabbing mine after work tonight, anyone else had a chance to play some old school SW yet?

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was both single and multi at first
That would have been nice. Though I own the original game anyway it still would be great to get all the missions via single player on one disc. In the end the co-op play should be fun. I wonder if it will support co-op via LAN or only split-screen? (I would prefer to do 2 TV's and GC's than split screen personally).

NickC

Second Unit
Yes, via lan would be very nice indeed, are there any nintendo games that support this?

From what I have read it has only been split screen, I havent read anything about lan play, I would think that because the game is playable via 2 players, they would also ad the single player version, how much more space could it be?

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I got the RS3 demo disc today. DAMN! Those clips from Empire look GOOD! GL is a sadistic SOB for making us wait for the DVDs.

Mike

Ian_Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
What the hell?!?! I've been choppin' at the bit for the demo disc, and last night I was in EB Games (picking up ESPN Football), asked about it, and he told me, "nope, we haven't gotten them yet."

Looks like I'll be calling around today!

Dustin Wind

Stunt Coordinator
pre-ordered mine yesterday.
They don't expect the demo disk for 3 more weeks.

Rouge Squadron 2 has the best graphics EVER for any video game system ( yes i own a x-box/GC and ps2). Nothing can compare!
I can't wait to see #3.

Matty P

Stunt Coordinator
where did you pre-order from Ian? I had gone to EB first but they gave me the runaround about the disc not coming in until late Sept. so I just went down the mall a little to Gamestop and they were on the ball.....

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
I was at EB today and was told the pre-order discs should be in today. Unfortunately, Mr. UPS had not paid them a visit yet :frowning:

NickC

Second Unit
I got my preorder disc today, you get to play the hoth level, start out on foot, take out two at sts, then you get to your tauntaun (spelling?), then ride to a mounted gun, then you get in your xwing, and fight sooooo many tie fighters and tie bombers, I died at this point, still getting used to the controls, most of the level was on foot, no toe-cable action like previous versions of this level, they still have some work to do on the on foot gameplay, but its not bad, it just needs to be polished and they have plenty of time for that......

Philip_S

Stunt Coordinator
For those of you with the demo disc, is it just me or does the movie footage used in the game look like it's from the original version of ESB? The Hoth scenes look to be untouched by CGI effects.

JamesH

Supporting Actor
Do you get $5.00 off at Best Buy when you go to pick up the game like with Zelda, or is the game+preorder disk a total of $55.00 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks