What's new

Roger Rabbit: VISTA review up! (1 Viewer)

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Good review, but this still doesn't answer a burning question I have...

Does the 2-disc DVD set have the WFRR theatrical trailer...or has the trailer been forever lost to the sands of time (or at least legal disputes)?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I'm a trailer buff.

James L White

Supporting Actor
I'm not quite sure what he is trying to say here... Is he saying he actually wants frames cut out from each and every film?
No, I think what Ron means is that unless you pause the DVD and advance it frame by frame you'll be unable to see the edited stuff.

James Reader

Screenwriter
No trailers? Another casualty of Beuna Vista trailer slashing :frowning:

I'm sure they managed to fit trailers on for other Beuna Vista titles :frowning:

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Near the beginning, Baby Herman shoves his hand up a woman's dress. It was replaced with him just sticking his fist in the air in the last DVD release.

Can anybody out there confirm if this was indeed restored in this DVD edition with some screenshots?

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I know someone who worked on the DVD, and he told me the finger up the dress was back in. But here's more evidence from DVDmg.com's review:

One note about the image: it fixes a “censored” bit from the old disc. Early in the original movie, Baby Herman gooses a woman under whose skirt he walks. For the prior DVD, the character’s arm was redrawn to appear at his side. Happily, the VISTA version restores Herman’s arm to its appropriately crude placement.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
I received an email from BVHE that has a link to a commercial for the DVD (approx. 2 min.). I'm not familiar with the edits but if I'm understanding it right it appears the "Baby Herman" scene has been reinstated. (it's in the commercial anyway).

WillG

Senior HTF Member
"--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One note about the image: it fixes a “censored” bit from the old disc. Early in the original movie, Baby Herman gooses a woman under whose skirt he walks. For the prior DVD, the character’s arm was redrawn to appear at his side. Happily, the VISTA version restores Herman’s arm to its appropriately crude placement.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Funny..dvdmg's review does not seem to be up anymore

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Baby Herman's arm may be in the same place, but his finger has been digitally erased:

Personally, the three edits (Herman's finger, Jessica's flashing, and the nude Betty Boop) are no big deal to me. After all, they are impossible to see in full motion. They were never intended for the audieence to see. They were inside jokes fby the animators FOR the animators. My viewing experience goes completely unaltered - unless I watch the film in slow motion frame by frame, which, of course, is not the theatrical experience....

but, hey at least Bugs still flips off Mickey:

Aaron_Brez

Supporting Actor
Brandon:

For the Boop and Jessica scenes you may be right, but I noticed the Baby Herman stuff when I first saw the movie in the theater. Freeze-frame is not required.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Funny..dvdmg's review does not seem to be up anymore
We got an earlier than usual copy due to some interviews we conducted. The PR folks asked that we take down the review until the general mailing went out, so we did so. It'll be back once we get the okay...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks