What's new

Rodgers & Hammerstein 12-Disc DVD Collection Questions (1 Viewer)

Jon Baker

Second Unit
Does anyone know why some copies of the Rogers and Hammerstein Collection have the old cover designs for Oklahoma and The King and I and the rest of the films all have new covers? I noticed that some copies of the sets have all new covers, but all the ones I see for sale at Best Buy all have the gold-spine editions of those 2 films. I ordered a copy from Amazon hoping I would get a copy of the set with all new covers, but I didn't. Good deal at BB for $24.99 through 12-28 btw.

also...

is this collection ever going to be released on Blu-Ray?

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
Fox are presently working on a 4k restoration of the Todd-AO version of "OKLAHOMA!" which will almost certainly be released on Blu-ray (Hopefully sometime in 2014)

Blu-rays of "South Pacific" and "The Sound Of Music" already exist.

With a bit of luck the rest of the Fox titles will follow.

"Flower Drum Song" is owned by Universal, so there's no way of knowing when or if it will ever be released.

Fox announced a Blu-ray set in the UK over a year ago but nothing eventuated.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
To answer the first question...

I bought mine all separately, but when I purchased that set as a gift for someone, I do vaguely recall that a couple of the covers utilized older artwork. Doesn't matter. If you have the two-disc sets, you have the latest. And it's a fabulous box set found at some amazing prices these days, so enjoy.

The BLUs of South Pacific and The Sound of Music are both phenomenal. They will leave your mouth watering for the rest.

Jon Baker

Second Unit
Thanks for the info. I have seen copies of the set for sale on eBay which included new cover art for ALL the DVDs but they were asking for too much. Wondering why they would not re-do the artwork for those 2 films.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks