What's new

Rocket RSC200 Center maxing out? (1 Viewer)

Adam_Reiter

Second Unit
Can anyone verify with Armageddon DVD in the opening scenes with the Big asteroid flying by that the sound really hammers your center channel?

I have the Criterion Armageddon and was watching it tonight at Reference Level and as the asteroid fly's by, I get this wierd sound like excess movement of the cones or the cones having a muffled squeeking. I think I heard it later on in the movie as well with lots of asteroid action.

Now, all of my Rockets are crossed over at 60 since the side dipoles go down to 60. I set all the speakers to go to the B4Plus at 60 and also crossed the sub over at 80 to have a little overlap. The amp pushing the 7 speakers is a 300WPC @ 4ohms Aragon 2007.

Now, this Rocket Center channel is just about the biggest, fattest, deepest Center channel I have ever seen much less owned... and if I hear what I think I am hearing.... I am kinda bummed out. Granted Reference level is way damn loud... almost too loud for me... but Armageddon is one of those movies you just want to blast the hell out of due to the action..

Any idea's? Any suggestions? Any other expieriences? Anyone else that has the Rocket Center 200 ever pushed it to the brink of fatigue? With what DVD?

Tony Genovese

Supporting Actor
Move your crossover up to 80 and see if it still happens. Your system will probably sound better (more effortless) with the 80 hz crossover.

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't be so sure regarding the crossover,it could be the speaker it self.
I just tested it on my "half size" Polk LSIc also crossed at 60hz,and sailed through without any problems at reference volume.

Adam_Reiter

Second Unit
Hmmm. I did by the B stock stuff. Maybe someone blew the crap out of it. I am gonna try a couple tests today.

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
I have committed some pretty serious Rocket abuse, and blown some drivers, but never the center. We're talking 120db miked at 6" from the tweeter though. The center has never bottomed out or lost control when crossed over at 80 hz, or run large w/o sub.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks