What's new

Robocop Reboot (2 Viewers)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Just discovered this thread and was surprised they remade this! I may skip this like I skipped the Total Recall remake.Steve, you mentioned you are glad the Criterion edition is here to preserve the original film. But you said on blu ray. Really? I have the Criterion DVD and I thought they never made a blu ray of their edition.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Nelson Au said:
Just discovered this thread and was surprised they remade this! I may skip this like I skipped the Total Recall remake.Steve, you mentioned you are glad the Criterion edition is here to preserve the original film. But you said on blu ray. Really? I have the Criterion DVD and I thought they never made a blu ray of their edition.
It's not on Criterion, i think he was asking for it on Criterion, really it needs a new film scan and less "enhancements" to the image.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Nelson Au said:
The MGM blu-ray edition preserves the Criterion unrated cut.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, that clears that up about the blu ray. I never got the MGM blu ray. There seemed like more then one MGM release was out there. I guess I'll have to try to find it if its not OOP.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
There's a single disc available that has the unrated cut. For $5 more, you can get the trilogy with the same cut, but the second and third movies included (which, personally, I would never watch).

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Steve! I saw the second one once and never saw the third. But it might be good to have all three for fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks