What's new

Robin Hood: Special Edition (2 Disc Set) (1 Viewer)

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
Man, that cover is fantastic. And an extended edition of the film to boot! This is shaping up to be awesome. I love RH:POT, but not enough to keep that horrible flipper version (I got rid of it years ago). Now I'll have a worthy version to sit on my shelf. All I can hope for now is that Warner turn their attention to their Tim Burton back catalogue and give them the treatment they deserve (aside from Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, which has gotten a decent dvd already).

Matt_P

Second Unit
Gorgeous cover art. One of my favorite films is finally getting the treatment it deserves!

The best part of all, Kamen's best score isolated in 5.1.....excuse me while I pass out....

......okay, I'm back. The release date can't come fast enough!:D

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
You know thinking about all the great Warner SEs coming out, often replacing early flippers, I get inordinately excited thinking about the Goodfellas 2 disc set rumored to be coming, that's a film I've been wanting to rewatch ever since I saw the p&s vhs I borrowed from our library but have been waiting and waiting for the ever rumored SE dvd (it was rumored two years ago when I joined!

Adam

Steve Blair

Second Unit
This dvd is great news. I'll be getting this one and The Right Stuff. I already purchased True Romance and Unforgiven. Now, where is a 2 Disc LADYHAWKE special edition??? Please Warner let's start work on that disc and I'll be happy. The current Ladyhawke dvd is an embarassment and barely VHS quality. Great work on the other special editions so far!

Darren Haycock

Second Unit
Woohoo! I was basically hoping for a slightly better transfer and giving the flipper the boot. But it looks like my years of waiting to buy Robin Hood really has paid off! :D

Thomas Agermose

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas Agermose Jensen
I believe that Morgan Creek are the ones actually responsible for producing the disc (according to Warner in the HTF chat october 2001), so I guess they deserve some credit as well. Looking forward to the next Warner chat in April.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
let's get Richard Donner to do the commentary track for this one

Great performances from Hauer & Pfeiffer

:D

Matty P

Stunt Coordinator
This being one of my wife's favorite movies (and I like it quite a bit as well!) she was wondering if the theatrical cut will be included in this set, possible via branching...? Anyone heard anything?

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
I remember when I was asst. manager at a local theater when RH:PoT came out. We had a castle, gate, working portcullis and so forth that the patrons had to go through in order to get to see the movie. We put a lot of work into that; and it's great to see the movie finally getting the same kind of treatment on this DVD.

I've already warned my wife that regardless of the bills that month, this DVD is being bought on the day of its release. I particularly can't wait to hear the 5.1 music and see the extra scenes.

Does anyone have any idea what these extra scenes are going to be?

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
According to imdb, there was in a scene shown in the trailer in which Robin Hood jumps from a out-of-control carriage that was not in the theatrical release. Also there was a scene that revealed that the witch was the Sheriff's mother.
That's all I found though.

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
Also there was a scene that revealed...
Oh, be careful! Things like these should be in spoiler tags or else some HTFers will get the tar and feathers for ruining the entire movie! Anyway, this little tidbit was also in the novelization as well.

(Whoops! My bad! It's if a DVD dares not be released in DTS that the whole movie is ruined beyond repair! [/SARCASM])

There are a few different scenes in the novel that I hope make it into the movie, particularly the origination of the "There are no perfect men in this world" phrase. As it stands now, the phrase doesn't mean a lot. I hope that was an actual filmed scene that makes it in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks